• CZ evo3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 17, 2017
    Carrollton

CameraMonkey,

Details are on practice. Search "Holiday Havoc" in "Upcoming Matches"

I just found out about it last weekend when I went to WSSC to shoot a classifier. It was a nice range, with nice people (more important). They seemed to have their act together, and we're capable of making a monthly match run smoothly (most important).

Hopefully I'll see you again at the next ACC carbine match.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    it was nice meeting you too.

So what is so special about this match to warrant an almost fivefold entry fee above what I perceive (in my admittedly limited experience) to be a reasonable match fee. $90?!?!?! (vs the typical $20) Please tell me that includes something special like ammo included, a lunch, "free"(:rolleyes:) Tee shirt, cash prizes and/or free pistols for the winners, etc. ?

I'm sure the above sounds snarky but I'm serious. That seems hella expensive for a standard match to me.

Here is the link in case anyone else has the same question I did.

https://practiscore.com/holiday-havoc-2017/register

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    it was nice meeting you too.

So what is so special about this match to warrant an almost fivefold entry fee above what I perceive (in my admittedly limited experience) to be a reasonable match fee. $90?!?!?! (vs the typical $20) Please tell me that includes something special like ammo included, a lunch, "free"(:rolleyes:) Tee shirt, cash prizes and/or free pistols for the winners, etc. ?

I'm sure the above sounds snarky but I'm serious. That seems hella expensive for a standard match to me.

Here is the link in case anyone else has the same question I did.

https://practiscore.com/holiday-havoc-2017/register

$90 for a 10 stage level 2 match, in either IDPA or USPSA is not at the high end, and absolutely not going to be a cash cow for the club. The last USPSA level 2 I was at was $125 I think and if they came out ahead at the end it was McDonalds money not steak dinner money.

I think the best way to understand the costs is to volunteer to work a level two match (either sport) and that way you start to get a feel for everything that has to be bought/catered/fixed + everything that you need a back up for and how much staff you need to build the match the week before / run the match / clean up / deal with all the background stuff shooters never think of (at least I didn't before seeing some of it).

Whether or not you are somebody that would enjoy the larger event / trophies / more developed stages / meeting folks from farther away / higher than normal level of competition / etc. , is about you. Some folks get addicted and other folks do not.

CZ evo3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 17, 2017
    Carrollton
    Cameramonkey,

At the higher level matches, you typically have more challenging stages, door prizes, and sometimes the chance to shoot with people you only see in magazines or YouTube videos. And depending on your performance, trophies. And yes, typically a lunch.

CZ evo3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 17, 2017
    Carrollton
    I weny to a match at Red Brush where everyone got AT LEAST their entry fee back in door prizes. I think they gave away 8 guns at that match if i remember correctly.

blkrifle

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    terre haute
    $90 for a 10 stage level 2 match, in either IDPA or USPSA is not at the high end, and absolutely not going to be a cash cow for the club. The last USPSA level 2 I was at was $125 I think and if they came out ahead at the end it was McDonalds money not steak dinner money.

I think the best way to understand the costs is to volunteer to work a level two match (either sport) and that way you start to get a feel for everything that has to be bought/catered/fixed + everything that you need a back up for and how much staff you need to build the match the week before / run the match / clean up / deal with all the background stuff shooters never think of (at least I didn't before seeing some of it).

Whether or not you are somebody that would enjoy the larger event / trophies / more developed stages / meeting folks from farther away / higher than normal level of competition / etc. , is about you. Some folks get addicted and other folks do not.

well said!

Top Bottom