• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • watch guy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2016
    SE Michigan
    New to the area and the only matches I could find are at the Bend of the River club in Niles, MI. Attended one and was not impressed on how it was run. 5 stages with 15_ shooters per stag. After 3+ hours we were still not thru the 5th stage. No fun at all.

Any other ones within a 30 mile drive of South Bend Elkhart?

Thanks!

jotto321

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2011
    While not strictly IDPA as I understand it Michigan City Rifle Club has Wednesday night matches throughout the year. You may want to check it out.

watch guy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2016
    SE Michigan
    I am not sure what is wrong with 3 hours, but then I don't shoot IDPA. I think our USPSA matches at BORCC are well run, but you aren't getting out of there in 3 hours.

I shot in Brighton Michigan before moving to the Hoosier. We had 6 stages with 5-6 shooter per group and were done in less than 2 hours. Having 15 shooters makes for a lot of "waiting" time.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    They need to get it down to 5-6 shooters and have more than one start time. Like 2-3 on a Saturday say 2 hours apart.
    So the match organizers can spend the day and the shooters only invest 2 hours?

Papa

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Ohio
    This is a difficult sport. Setup takes multiple hours the day before, and most clubs are all run by volunteers. Try enjoying yourself. Make some friends. Watch what other shooters are doing. There's always something to learn.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I've been up there twice. There is a lot of shooters so it takes time. Help out pasting targets and meet some new folks.

BJones

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Noblesville/Westfld
    I shot in Brighton Michigan before moving to the Hoosier. We had 6 stages with 5-6 shooter per group and were done in less than 2 hours. Having 15 shooters makes for a lot of "waiting" time.

It is incredible the amount of work that goes into running a match. Not only several hours the day before the match but many hours planning the stages and getting the help to run the match. If they ran 15 shooters through 4 stages in 3 hours, I would say they are doing a pretty efficient job.

watch guy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2016
    SE Michigan
    Went to the match yesterday. Our group has 6 shooters and still took us nearly 3 hours. Very complicated stages did not help. THey are having a BUG match next month and might be interesting.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Went to the match yesterday. Our group has 6 shooters and still took us nearly 3 hours. Very complicated stages did not help. THey are having a BUG match next month and might be interesting.

I had initially planned on going but we had family plans come up. (Family trap shoot). I really want to try the next USPSA match.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    https secondamendmentarms . net/
    They run a (i call it combat run) IDPA shoot.
    Right now it is every other Thursday.
    Next shoot is 09/072017 at 18:00 CDST.
    It is New Carlisle, In.
    $5.00 to shoot. They run 2 courses, break and then 2 courses.
    It is a more relaxed atmosphere. But follow all safety rules.
    Participants very.
    you will run through about <50 rounds
    they post more information on facebook.

Last edited:

Whip_McCord

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    NWI
    Try out North Porter County Conservation Club in Chesterton. Not sure how long their matches take, IDPA is not my cup of tea, but they put on very good matches. Below is some info from their web site, three weeks ago. Looks like they shoot IDPA on the 3rd Sunday of the month.

NPCCC - North Porter County Conservation Club
    Join us this Sunday for our next IDPA match. First shots will be at 9:30 with a safety briefing at 9:15. New shooters arrive by 8:45 please. We are in need of both set up volunteers and safety officers who will have a discounted match or a waived match fee. Follow this link to register online. See you on the range.
    https://practiscore.com/npccc-idpa-august/register

NPCCC - North Porter County Conservaton Club

Top Bottom