Any Interest in a Snubnose Revolver Match?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alaskan454

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2016
    IN
    The last match I'll get to run at Wildcat Valley Rifle & Pistol Club is our ICORE match on October 28th. I really wanted to do something special for the last match and I am considering running a discount for snubnose revolvers, something like $5-10 per gun. The match may consist entirely of steel targets (at relatively close range) except for swingers, drop turners and movers. Is there any interest in doing something along these lines? I'd still let all other revolvers shoot the match but was hoping to promote some old school revolver shooting.

SlowPlay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Lafayette
    So......I see you are not well, still SICK,SICK,SICK. I thought your doctor said you were getting better? You would think that a perfect 2" snub would exist. But we know that can't possibly be true.

CZ evo3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 17, 2017
    Carrollton
    Very interested, but equipment may be a problem. All i have is a pocket holster and 3 speedloaders. Do i need to do some shopping if i plan to shoot this match?

Alaskan454

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2016
    IN
    I'm thinking 24 rds maximum per stage with very few shots past 10 yds. LOTS of steel...probably 5 big stages and one speed shoot with 6 rounds max. All guns 3" or less shoot at a discounted rate, moonclip or speedloader, it doesn't matter. I'm thinking legitimate packin' iron here. You know, those guns nobody actually shoots at a match. If you need to borrow a loader or two just ask around, some guys share loaders throughout the match anyway. I've got Comp IIIs I'd loan out if anyone needs one.

BJones

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Noblesville/Westfld
    I just bought a 2.65" 627. That should be a fun snubbie
    Eq08CR0.jpg

Alaskan454

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2016
    IN
    I love those guns! I decided all snubbies (3" or less) and speedloader fed guns will shoot for $5 at the last match of the year. I think that might boost attendance and promote some classic revolver shooting.

Alaskan454

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2016
    IN
    Same here, I'm going to shoot my 929 in Limited and a Snubbie in Classic. I'll post a match announcement once I get all of the stages written and have a firm round count, discounted entry will be $5 for all revolvers with a barrel 3" or less as well as all Classic division guns fed by speedloaders. Here's the registration link: https://practiscore.com/wvrpc-icore-2017-10-28/register

Alaskan454

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2016
    IN
    It should fit your DAA pretty well, my GP fits the N frame block. I may end with an IWB carry holster on my DAA rig, we'll figure it out by then. I'm still working on loaders for my Kimber snubbie but read the K frame should work. They might be pretty carved up though!

Alaskan454

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2016
    IN
    Since there seems to be a decent amount of interest I wanted to post an update about the match format. It will be 107 rounds for all 6 stages with round counts between 5 and 24 per stage. I also went and tested the steel poppers at our club with my 2" snub. Our heaviest poppers fell reliably with 125 gr ammo at 75 PF if you hit the bottom portion of the calibration zone or higher at my preferred setting. I had to set them really heavy to cause any issues. I also tried 158 gr bullets at 93 and 112 PF and those fell just about anywhere you hit them.

Alaskan454

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2016
    IN
    I'll do it if you do it. (I'll need more speed strips.)

Do my laser grips put me in Open? :)

This is one case where I'm hoping peer pressure prevails! As for lasers, since I'm not running any classifiers to submit I was going to add another "Snubbie" division to handle things like that. If it's a revolver, bring it out and shoot.

Edit: After looking at the rules it doesn't say anything about lasers, so I guess they are also legal in Open?

Last edited:
    Top Bottom