• ...and so much more!
  • blkrifle

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    terre haute
    not a rumor. Everett Snyder is the guy in charge. If he gets help and attendance Riley Conservation Club will become an affiliated club in 2018

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    so I went out on the interwebz to find the difference between USPSA and IDPA.

So let me see if I have this correct. IDPA is more geared towards real life defensive shooting situations, but they only allow you to have magazines that hold 10 rounds? is that correct?

jwo483

Shooter
    Rating - 96.9%
    31   1   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Westfield
    Riley IDPA 9-23

So let me see if I have this correct. IDPA is more geared towards real life defensive shooting situations, but they only allow you to have magazines that hold 10 rounds? is that correct?

Practice reloads, feel free not to come.
    And by the way USPSA production limited to 10 rounds too doofus.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co

#1 - thanks for such a nice and productive response to my honest question.

#2 - I fail to see how my asking a specific question about IDPA has anything to do with magazine requirements in USPSA Production class. You also know NOTHING about what I shoot or what classes I've shot in USPSA.

#3 - Yes USPSA production class only allows 10 rounds loaded into a magazine, but it doesn't specify magazine capacity constraints like the article I read on IDPA seems to hint at. IE can I run a 15 round mag with 10 rounds it in, or do I need magazines that only allow 10 rounds?

#4 - again, thanks for being so helpful and calling me names. I really appreciate that. I'm sending you a special mental message right now to show you what I think of your response.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    You going Rhino ?

Undecided! I can only do one match per weekend. I prefer to go to Riley, but I also prefer USPSA over IDPA because I can use my real carry gear for USPSA, but not IDPA. Downloading mags that hold 15-18 rounds is retarded.

Since this is the first and I want the program to succeed, I'm leaning toward IDPA at Riley this month.

The "defensive" part is only true for IDPA if your methods fall within their restrictive rules.

The real differences between the two games are:

• IDPA is more restrictive in how you complete a course of fire in terms of target engagement
    • IDPA has more restrictive equipment rules. USPSA has divisions with very similar rules, but they also have divisions that allow the shooter more choices.
    • IDPA course of fire are shorter and are often inspired by self-defense scenarios
    • IDPA requires concealment, whereas in USPSA concealment is not required, but is allowed (although uncommon)

All in all, both games are way more alike than they are different. I think people should do both!

Whu????

#1 - thanks for such a nice and productive response to my honest question.

#2 - I fail to see how my asking a specific question about IDPA has anything to do with magazine requirements in USPSA Production class. You also know NOTHING about what I shoot or what classes I've shot in USPSA.

#3 - Yes USPSA production class only allows 10 rounds loaded into a magazine, but it doesn't specify magazine capacity constraints like the article I read on IDPA seems to hint at. IE can I run a 15 round mag with 10 rounds it in, or do I need magazines that only allow 10 rounds?

#4 - again, thanks for being so helpful and calling me names. I really appreciate that. I'm sending you a special mental message right now to show you what I think of your response.

Clay ... IPDA rules refer to number of rounds loaded and the guns fitting in the box with an unloaded mag. Mags that hold 17 rounds are fine as long as you only have 10 rounds in all three of them when the buzzer starts.

I think you'd like IDPA. Knowing in625shooter, I also think you'll like the kind of matches he will run. I would expect the courses of fire to be as close to self-defense scenarios as you can make them within the rules and still get a reasonable number of shots fired.

jwo483

Shooter
    Rating - 96.9%
    31   1   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Westfield
    My apologies, I'm so used to USPSA shooters bashing IDPA that I expect it.
    There is no restriction on mag capacity you just can't load beyond 10 (11 in the gun at the start signal) in SSP and ESP, 8+1 in CDP and CCP, 6 total in BUG. Sorry about the doofus, but believe it or not there are a couple on here.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    And this is part of the reason I don't shoot USPSA.
    Couldn't rep you to agree without spreading it around but the attitudes along with how it's conducted has kept me away as well. Lots of other great and more "helpful" things out there that are fun.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    To quell the rumors YES there will be an IDPA match at Riley on the 23rd. I was going to put a more official thread out tomorrow or Tuesday but til then.

I saw an opportunity to get a club started and wanted to run a match to gauge it. The fine folks at Riley we're helpful to give it a chance and have been very beneficial.

Its at Riley conservation club, registration starts at 9:00 am. Shooters meeting at 10:45 am. Match starts 11:00 I am working on setting up a Practiscore so more on that later on the actually announcement

$20.00 entry ROs shoot for free.

6 stages

If anyone here is an IDPA RO and you haven't e mailed me and want to help let me know.

More to come an a couple days.

Last edited:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    And this is part of the reason I don't shoot USPSA.

Couldn't rep you to agree without spreading it around but the attitudes along with how it's conducted has kept me away as well. Lots of other great and more "helpful" things out there that are fun.

You guys won't shoot USPSA because one of the divisions limits magazines to 10 rounds loaded? Whuh?

To quell the rumors YES there will be an IDPA match at Riley on the 23rd. I was going to put a more official thread out tomorrow or Tuesday but til then.

I saw an opportunity to get a club started and wanted to run a match to gauge it. The fine folks at Riley we're helpful to give it a chance and have been very beneficial.

Its at Riley conservation club, registration starts at 9:00 am. Shooters meeting at 10:45 am. Match starts 11:00 I am working on setting up a Practiscore so more on that later on the actually announcement

$20.00 entry ROs shoot for free.

6 stages

If anyone here is an IDPA RO and you haven't e mailed me and want to help let me know.

More to come an a couple days.

There you have it!

Top Bottom