Mar 21, 2008
    WYOMING; SOMEDAY...
    Steel Challenge Shooting Association

2017 SCSA INDIANA STATE MATCH
    SPONSORED BY :: Hands On Training = Jim Barbour

Steel Shooters --
    Here is some information regarding the 2017 SCSA Indiana State Match ::
    Pre-register at :: https://practiscore.com/indiana-state-scsa-2017/register
    AM squads are for ROs and Volunteers; PM squads are for NORMAL match entries.

DATE
    ::
    18 November 2017

Atlanta Conservation Club; 29595 Leonard Road ATLANTA, INDIANA

TIMES :: (APPROXIMATE)
    RO and Volunteer Set-up 7:00 to 8:30 am
    RO squads – 9:00 to 12:00 am
    Lunch – Noon to 1:00 pm
    Normal Match Check-In – 12:00 to 12:40 pm
    Normal Match Shooter Meeting – 12:40 to 1:00 pm
    Normal Match – 1:00 to 5:00 pm
    Prize Drawings -- 5:00 to 6:00
    Awards after scores are calculated, 6:00 pm or so.

STAGES and RULES
    8 stages. All 8 of the current SCSA stages. (www.steelchallenge.com)

DIVISIONS AVAILABLE :: ::
    (Not quite the same as SCSA nationals)
    RFPI, RFPO = Rim Fire (PISTOL) I = iron, O = optic sights.
    RFRI, RFRO = Rim Fire (RIFLE / CARBINE / AR CONVERSION) I = iron, O = optic sights.
    22WI, 22WO = Rim Fire (WHEEL-GUN / REVOLVER…) I = iron, O = optic sights.
    CO = Carry Optic.
    PROD = Production; as described in USPSA rules, appendix D4.
    GSSF = Production rules, but starts from low-ready.
    LTD = Limited; as described in USPSA rules, appendix D2.
    OPN = Open; Anything goes (semi-automatic).
    SS = Single Stack; as described in USPSA rules, appendix D5.
    PCCI ; PCCO = Carbine; Center Fire PISTOL calibers, I = iron, O = optic sights, NO MAGNUM CALIBERS.
    ISR ; OSR = Revolver; for all revolvers, I = iron, O = optic sights.
    NOT AVAILABLE FOR THE STATE MATCH :: BBB, MMM, LEVER RIFLE, BUG.

COSTS
    ::$40 each gun/entry if you pre-register (NOT pre-PAID). $60 each gun/entry if you do not pre-register.
    RO’s & Vol’s :: RO's 2 entries FREE, additional entries $20 off. Volunteers first entry is FREE, additional entries $20 off.
    $20 off for active military, Juniors, and Females.
    I don't want any money until November 18th, but to get the $40 rate, I need to know you will be there.

Pre-register at ::
    https://practiscore.com/indiana-state-scsa-2017/register
    AM squads are for ROs and Volunteers; PM squads are for NORMAL match entries.

YOU CAN ENTER ANY NUMBER OF DIVISIONS --- AS LONG AS THE HOLSTERING DOES NOT CLASH. The holster is the key to the whole second gun thing. If your second entry is holster-less -- GSSF, any (or all) of the .22 divisions, carbine, etc, then you are all set. For that matter, if you shot, say, Revolver Right-handed and Limited Left-handed -- that would work from my perspective, which is to keep the match safe. (I doubt that particular scenario would happen, but if you are ambidextrous and want to try it, I am not going to prohibit it.) A few slots may be available in the morning if you want to shoot, say, OPEN in the morning, then PROD or LIM in the afternoon. Call Eric 765 with 425 questions 1164.

STAGES
    8 stages. All 8 of the current SCSA stages.

ROUND COUNT
    200 for a 'clean' match. Bring 400 to 500 per gun to have plenty of ammo.
    No magazine capacity limits for most divisions.
    Bring a MINIMUM of 5 magazines (or speed-loaders) per gun. (COWBOY division exempted...)

PRIZES ::

AN AR-15 WILL BE RAFFLED OFF AT THIS MATCH !!! (Donated by Jim Barbour of Hands On Training. Huge THANK YOU to Jim !!!

Plaques for the winners of each Division. Certificates for 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] and 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] etc. in some divisions. (Production, Limited, 22PI… the ones with a lot of entries.)
    There may be a prize for the overall lowest time of the match (ANY semi-auto gun).
    Special recognition certificates for :: Senior (55-64), Super Senior (65+), Junior (17 and younger), and Female. These will be determined by relative finish WITHIN division. E.g. 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] in a division of 10 = 0.3 and 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] in a division of 4 = 0.5 --- the 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] place shooter is the winner of special recognition, by being the closest to zero.
    Drawings for merchandise prizes will be administered while I am entering and calculating the scores. Each entry will receive tickets ( 10, probably ) that the shooter will place in jars corresponding to each prize they want. Random draw from the tickets placed in the jars determines the winners. Merchandise prizes will NOT be awarded for performance this year.

Appendix B Competition Categories
    o General Principles: All shooters compete for overall placement in the match. In addition to overall placement, shooters may also compete for Category-specific awards based on personal characteristics.
    § B.1.1 Competitors may enter more than one category. For example, an individual may qualify for (and enter) both the Junior and Women’s categories.
    o LADY: Competitors listed as female on their government issued ID.
    o LAW ENFORCEMENT: Full-time law enforcement officers with arrest powers.
    o MILITARY: Military personnel on current active duty orders.
    o PRE-TEEN: All competitors under 13 years old on the first day of the match qualify. See Junior Category for additional rules and guidelines.
    o JUNIOR: All competitors under 18 years old on the first day of the match qualify. All competitors under the age of 18 must be accompanied by their parent or guardian throughout the competition. If the parent/guardian is competing in the tournament, they must be squadded together. All Junior or Pre-teen competitors must be experienced shooters and have participated in formal competition. A liability waiver must be signed by both the competitor and their parent or legal guardian.
    o SENIOR: All competitors who are 55-64 years of age on the first day of the match qualify.
    o SUPER SENIOR: All competitors who are 65 years of age or older on the first day of the match qualify.

NOTE ::ACC IS A COLD RANGE. DO NOT "GUN-UP" IN, OR AT, YOUR CAR --- USE THE SAFE AREAS, PREFERABLY WITH AN R.O., OR JUST WAIT UNTIL THE FIRST STAGE. You can load magazines anywhere EXCEPT THE SAFE AREAS :: but DO NOT remove your gun from its box or bag until you are on the line, ready to compete. (Or you are at one of the SAFE AREAS, with an R.O. :: For example - if you need to verify function, or clean something.)
    THESE ARE SOME THE SPONSORS FOR THE 2017 SCSA INDIANA STATE MATCH ::
    MATCH SPONSOR IS contact Jim Barbour.

PRIZE DONATIONS AND SPONSORS.
    ET BRASS www.etbrass.com
    email = SALES@ETBRASS.COM phone = 513.726.4356
    Eric & Katrina Nichols
    PO BOX 62
    Collinsville OH 45004

DS-10-SPEED www.ds10speed.wordpress.com
    email = ds-10-speed@hotmail.com
    Dave Skrzela
    Michigan

K S A Firearms Education www.KSAFirearmsEducation.com
    email = BANGandCLANG@gmail.com phone = 765.425.1164
    Eric Welsh

Bobcat Armament www.BobcatArmament.com
    email = Kimball@BobcatArmament.com phone = 317.699.6127
    Kimball Bowden
    1632 E SR 44
    Shelbyville IN 46176

Thank you sponsors !!!
    Pre-register at :: https://practiscore.com/indiana-state-scsa-2017/register

Last edited:

G7.

SteelShooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    WYOMING; SOMEDAY...
    In lieu of starting another thread, and shamelessly bumping this one back to the top :: I have a tidbit of info that I'd like to pass along.

Mark S, successfully tackled the gauntlet of file formats necessary to get scores reported to SCSA. The last two steps are using my iPhone to convert the .PSC (PractiScore) file into a .CSV (Comma Separated Values) file that SCSA/USPSA can accept. And then uploading that file to SCSA and paying our tab for the month.

September scores were uploaded successfully on 17 Oct, and the October scores were uploaded today. SCSA runs the classification sub-routine each Wednesday (according to Stu S. et.al.), so you should be able to see your classification by Wed. evening / Thr. morning at www.SteelChallenge.com. Have your member number and pin handy to log in.

G7.

SteelShooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    WYOMING; SOMEDAY...
    The State Match is getting very close to FULL. (10 +/- normal entries open for the PM squads, at the moment. I still could use some RO's and scorekeepers... in the AM squads)

Note that the following timetable is slightly different from the old e-mail !!!

17 NOV 2017
    Friday set-up :: 9:45 AM
    Friday RO and Volunteer match :: 11:00 AM -- 2:00 PM +/- (Optional; but as many as possible).

18 NOV 2017
    Saturday RO and Volunteer arrive at ACC :: 8:00 AM.
    Saturday RO and Volunteer meetings :: 8:15 -- 8:45.
    Saturday RO and Volunteer entries :: 9:00 AM -- 11:30 AM.
    Saturday RO and Volunteer Lunch :: 11:30 -- 12 noon.

Normal Entries arrive at ACC :: 10:00 AM
    Normal Entries check-in :: 10:30 -- 11:30
    Normal Entries Safety meeting :: 11:30 -- 11:45
    BANG and CLANG :: 12 noon -- 4:00 PM
    Awards and prize draws to follow. Including a raffle for a Bushmaster AR15 -- tickets $10 each, or 5 for $40 !!!

Top Bottom