• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    I am considering porting the slide on my SIG P226 SAO. Since it is an SAO firearm, I am required to shoot Limited with this gun.

When I look at the USPSA rules, it claims no porting or compensators on Limited guns, but I always took that to mean *barrel* porting. It does mention no devices to control recoil, such as weights, which makes me think now that slide porting might be a no-no.

But, the STI DVC Limited has slide ports, and this gun was designed SPECIFICALLY for the Limited Division:

dvc-limited.jpg

While I am at it...

I am considering an extended length barrel, which means it would extend slightly beyond the front of the slide. Does anyone know if this would be legal in the Limited Division.

Is there a way to ask these questions directly to USPSA? I am going to send an email to the Area 5 director. Is there a better way to ask this officially?

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    It does mention no devices to control recoil, such as weights, which makes me think now that slide porting might be a no-no.

Mill your slide all you want. And Lim has no size restrictions (barrel, or any other part, can be as big as you want).

In your other thread I think you were confusing barrel w/ slide porting... ?

Where are you seeing the part in red? old book?
    make sure you have the latest: http://www.uspsa.org/document_library/rules/2014/Feb 2014 Handgun Rules.pdf
    Limited = no barrel porting, no comps, no optics, 140mm mags, no 9mm major. that's all that separates it from open.

Is there a way to ask these questions directly to USPSA?

yes, for future reference, email NROI:dnroi@uspsa.org
    but no need to take their time for this topic.

-rvb

Last edited:

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    Mill your slide all you want. And Lim has no size restrictions (barrel, or any other part, can be as big as you want).

In your other thread I think you were confusing barrel w/ slide porting... ?

Where are you seeing the part in red? old book?
    make sure you have the latest: http://www.uspsa.org/document_library/rules/2014/Feb 2014 Handgun Rules.pdf
    Limited = no barrel porting, no comps, no optics, 140mm mags, no 9mm major. that's all that separates it from open.

yes, for future reference, email NROI:dnroi@uspsa.org
    but no need to take their time for this topic.

-rvb

In the copy of Front Sight that I received when I joined USPSA last month has a basic list of rules for each division, and it says in that document under Limited:

"No optics, no porting, no compensators, or "devices to control recoil," such as weights."

However, when I look at the document you linked to (which I did look over earlier), it clearly says on page 77 that slide ports are permitted.

Thank you so much for your help, that answered the question 100% definitively.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    In the copy of Front Sight that I received when I joined USPSA last month has a basic list of rules for each division, and it says in that document under Limited:

"No optics, no porting, no compensators, or "devices to control recoil," such as weights."

However, when I look at the document you linked to (which I did look over earlier), it clearly says on page 77 that slide ports are permitted.

Thank you so much for your help, that answered the question 100% definitively.

oh, ok. that used to be a rule about weights, etc until ~3-4 yrs ago. The publication of FS they give to new members must be carrying along some old info.

Welcome to the sport! :)

Paging JAKE on the FS rules! :)

-rvb

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Yes, weights are allowed now. Bob Vogel has a non-functional weapon light filled with something heavy on his Limited gun.

Top Bottom