• Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    2 parts to this....

Part 1
    Match scheduled for Sat Nov 4. Registration until 10:15, shooters meeting, 10:30 is sighters and final zeroes. Shoot for score at 11:00am.

Adults-$15, stand alone juniors $10, Junior with paid adult free.

Part 2
    For those who have shot this course, or interested tire kickers, should we offer a Novice class with an easier course of fire? I have the targets, and a novice class may be less intimidating for newbies. Your collective thoughts please.

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    I like that. Maybe 10 shots at 50y, then 15 in a row at each of 100 & 150m. Slightly bigger targets. Same timed fire as standard course. What do you think? Would that allow a novice to get dialed in at a distance and score more hits (meaning have more satisfaction & more likely to return)?

Last edited:

Litlratt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Terre Haute
    Sounds good to me.

I like that. Maybe 10 shots at 50y, then 15 in a row at each of 100 & 150m. Slightly bigger targets. Same timed fire as standard course. What do you think? Would that allow a novice to get dialed in at a distance and score more hits (meaning have more satisfaction & more likely to return)?

blacknwhite

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 6, 2016
    southwest
    Sounds as if there would be less chasing the dope from target to target that way. Those holding over should be able to get dialed in better as well.

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    As of noon Thursday, weather forcast is calling for rain on both Sat & Sun. Match is still on for Saturday. Shooters might want to bring rain gear for themselves and perhaps something for their rifle as well.

I have the layout for targets for the Novice Class. We'll probably include some swingers in Novice, since this is late in the year and there isn't a need to drag out a full array of knock downs. Novice will have 10 targets at 50 (yards or meters still to be determined) and none at 75. Then 15 targets each at 100m & 150m. Shoot straight thru without changing distance between shots until banks at the designated distance have been completed.

We'll set up Friday about 4 pm, and practice immediately to follow. Any help is much appreciated!

See you Saturday!!

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    Got range set up with help from bwframe & litlratt, followed by a quick practice before dark. Novice targets are up, new scorecards being made up (hope we need them).
    Weather report looks good, I think we're gonna have fun! Daughter coming from Loogootee to shoot with her fiance'. I put a new scope on Kimber, have new CZ as backup gun, & new ammo in youth Savage rifle has it shooting well. Hope to see as many as possible in the morning!

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    It was interesting to watch Gary & Burl practice together. Very productive, wish I'd had time to just be a fly on the wall to listen & learn. Guess I need to prep more during the week & not leave prep until the last minute.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Another great match. My score went backwards, but I learned a lot as always. Good to see Uncle Gary pull out the win despite a spotter problem that cost him a point. :rolleyes:

These matches go smoother all the time. I heard more than one comment about efficiency and timing even with the addition of the novice class.

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    Results are up on the RCC site www.RileyCC.com under match results.

Also link? (forgive lack of my computer skills) Riley Conservation Club | Indiana Shooting Range | Terre Haute Indiana Long Range Rifle. You may have to click on the tab at top of page that says "Match Results", then click on the Nov 4 date shown.

Congrats to Litlratt for top honors!! Several INGO members attended, as well as a pair of 4H Juniors and a couple women. Novice Class was added in without taking anything away from the Standard Class or those shooters. Special thanks to those who helped tear down in record time!!

Litlratt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Terre Haute
    Another fun match.
    You know you're doing something right when shooters want to shoot .22s in December.
    Tearing down with the help still there is a must provided that there are those who can tabulate scores without Rich.

Top Bottom