• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pinhead56

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I've been reading a book that outlines most of the modern shooting sports albeit with a "glock" slant. It's titled "The Glock in Competition", by Taylor, Carver and Passamanek. The shooting games sections aren't so glock centric in case you're interested and don't have a glock. The section on IDPA talks about basic equipment you need. They mention some sort of "concealment garment" like a photographers vest? What else qualifies around here? Is this still a valid rule?

Barry in IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    As far as I know, the rule is still that it just has to conceal the gun. You can wear a vest, a shirt, or even a bathrobe for all they care.

My personal opinion is that people should just use what they carry everyday and they will be fine. Well, provided it's not a shoulder holster, cross draw, or SOB rig, which are usually not allowed due to danger of "sweeping" the bystanders with the muzzle during the draw.
    I see a lot of people use something different than what they carry. Maybe their daily carry is a Glock 27 in an IWB holster under their shirt, but they shoot the match with a Glock 17 in a belt holster under a vest. I know it's a game, but I also think that goes against the idea of the game, which was intended to be shot with daily carry gear.
    Doing that might gain them a place or two in the final results if all goes well, but I don't see that placing a spot or two better in a local match outweighs missing a good chance to practice using their carry gear.

Last edited:

BrownDog

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    I've been reading a book that outlines most of the modern shooting sports albeit with a "glock" slant. It's titled "The Glock in Competition", by Taylor, Carver and Passamanek. The shooting games sections aren't so glock centric in case you're interested and don't have a glock. The section on IDPA talks about basic equipment you need. They mention some sort of "concealment garment" like a photographers vest? What else qualifies around here? Is this still a valid rule?

I found this web site which provided alot of info:

The Glock FAQ [IDPA & IPSC]

Top Bottom