Nick and Nate are great!
    Revere's Riders - "Every American Choosing Liberty, Every Day"

User Info Menu

This does look like a lot of fun.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Twangbanger View Post
    This does look like a lot of fun.
    I've yet to find anything like it. Both fun and challenging.

Plinker

User Info Menu

What's the equipment list/requirements look like? Only saw the racer or combat division and a mention or tactical optics.

This looks awesome and may give me a reason to put down the pizza. Momentarily of course.
    banana is my safety word

Plinker

User Info Menu

Pretty much any centerfire rifle and pistol, eyes, ears, enough ammo to complete the COF, flashlight (pistol stage in a cave) and some type of stopwatch. You can use pretty much any equipment to carry everything, but must include a secure holster.
    The divisions are broken out into “race” and “combat” class. Race class is “run what ya brung”. Combat class requires that you finish the race with at least 25% of your body weight in equipment.

I carry all my rifle/pistol mags in a chest rig and pistol in a belt mounted holster. I carry a 14.5” AR with a 3x acog, then a G17 with a TLR1 light. Usually carry around 100 rounds of each rifle and pistol ammo.
    A few guys run classic battle rifles, like M1s, FALs, milsurp bolt guns, plus use period gear. You can have fun and make the match what you want it to be.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Just a heads up. There are 13 10k slots left for the Rockcastle Run N Gun.
    https://practiscore.com/10k-rockcast...-2018/register
    Get 'em while they last.

Plinker

User Info Menu

You don't have to be an Olympic athlete to do this! Not many people will be able to run 100% of the entire distance(s). I'm a grandpa and I have done three of these events in 2017, and I know I will be hiking parts and jogging parts. Just a word of encouragement for those who don't think they are in good enough shape!

Plinker

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Unbridled Liberty View Post
    You don't have to be an Olympic athlete to do this! Not many people will be able to run 100% of the entire distance(s). I'm a grandpa and I have done three of these events in 2017, and I know I will be hiking parts and jogging parts. Just a word of encouragement for those who don't think they are in good enough shape!
    ^^^ Truth ^^^
    I've been competing in RnG's for several years and have yet to run an entire course. Mostly just jog on the flat ground and walk everywhere else. Works out well for me.

- Matt
    Last edited by Dtwentythree; 12-28-2017 at 14:37. Reason: Super secret

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dtwentythree View Post
    Just a heads up. There are 13 10k slots left for the Rockcastle Run N Gun.
    https://practiscore.com/10k-rockcast...-2018/register
    Get 'em while they last.
    I'll have to look at my schedule. I have to do at least one of these. The fact that I won't have to run the whole thing helps.
    Medium speed. Moderate drag.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Revere's Riders, a 501c3 non-profit (https://www.reveresriders.org/) is partnering with the Feb 3, 2018 Heartbreak Run & Gun in two ways. First, Revere's Riders will be providing a brick (500 rounds) of free .22 LR ammo for all youth (under 18) who register for and run in either the 5K or 10K. They must shoot a 22 rimfire and use the provided ammo. If they complete the race, they get to keep any remaining ammo they did not shoot during the race. Second, Revere's Riders will be awarding the coveted XI Virginia Regiment Morgan's Rifle Corps patch and certificate to all shooters who pass "Morgan's Test", which is at Stage 1 and involves a using a centerfire rifle to make a single, cold bore, unsupported shot on a 6" steel target at 250 yards.

XI VIRGINIA PATCH Sew Out.png

Last edited by Unbridled Liberty; 12-30-2017 at 13:44.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast