Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Carry Gun Match

Match Date: Wednesday January 24[SUP]th[/SUP]
    Time: Shooters Meeting 5:30 pm sharp First shot immediately after. Arrive by 5:15 to get registered.
    Place: Parabellum Firearms and Indoor Range
    Cost: $20 Shooters must sign up/ pay online.

USPSA | Parabellum Firearms & Indoor Range

The philosophy behind this match is for it to be a shooting test as related to real world, every day carry that any armed civilian may encounter. It will be a match since we are keeping score. There will not be gun restrictions, nor caliber restrictions. The courses of fire will always be between one and twelve shots. A shooter will have to do a mandatory reload after a sixth shot in courses of fire requiring more than six shots.

There will be two divisions for guns. Open, which is anything goes. Limited, which means no optics, lasers, lights, or ported barrels. The gun must be worn to the match and worn from the match. There will be no safe area or fiddle table for gun handling. The gun must remain in the holster except when on the firing line under the direct observation and authority of the range officer. After completing each course of fire the shooter will change magazines and safely re-holster and therefore be ready for the next course of fire. Prior to each course of fire the shooter will be given the opportunity for a press check. No sight pictures maybe taken during the press check.

This match will be shot from concealment. The gun and holster must be completely concealed while standing with both arms extended and raised to the shoulder level. All reloads must come from a concealed position on the belt or from a pocket. The shooter may only use one gun in each course of fire.

Requirements:
    Ear and Eye protection
    Holster that securely attaches to a belt (No ankle or shoulder holsters)
    2 magazines or speed loaders (3 would be best)

This match is not a USPSA or IDPA match. This match is going to be a hybrid of several different sports and or events. This first match is a test to try and work out the concept. I am hoping there will be many more to come. The rules and procedures will likely grow and develop. My hope is to keep things very simple and let this match be a crucible of gear, and skills. I hope this will be a place where anyone who carries can come and practice skills, have some fun and see what works or what does not work.

We will explain the safety rules at the shooters meeting. There will be a 180 degree rule regarding muzzles. Any violation of the Four Rules of gun safety will result in a match disqualification. Failure to be adequately concealed will make the shooter ineligible to participate. The Match Director will have final say in all matters.

This will be a hot range. Arrived with the gun in your everyday carry method/mode, and do not handle it until directed to do so. This rule will be strictly enforced.

We are limiting the match to 20 shooters for the first time. Round count will be under 80 rounds.

Last edited:

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I hope it works out and folks like it. I see plenty of bugs to be worked out but this could be valuable practice. Hopefully it will grow.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    A few other pointers to go over...

3.1 - Dropping mags on the floor is required. (5-second procedural assessed for each instance of tucking a mag under your pinky).

3.2 - Dork 5.11 Gamer Vest puts you in Open Division.

(I keed...imagine purple as needed...)

Coach, God Bless You for starting a Hot Range Match. I love it.

What kind of scoring system will be used?

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    A few other pointers to go over...

3.1 - Dropping mags on the floor is required. (5-second procedural assessed for each instance of tucking a mag under your pinky).

3.2 - Dork 5.11 Gamer Vest puts you in Open Division.

(I keed...imagine purple as needed...)

Coach, God Bless You for starting a Hot Range Match. I love it.

What kind of scoring system will be used?

Going to use hit factor so speed and accuracy will both count. It can be a vest but it has to completely conceal the gun and magazines as described above. We are going to be serious about concealment not fake concealment.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    With the exception of concealment, this is going to be much like the pre-USPSA days of IPSC. Hot ranges were standard for matches back then.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    Sure, I'll try it. Though it will be tight to get there from work. Maybe I can get my boss to let me leave a little early.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    It is under the heading of USPSA because I did not want to create another window on that website. Not going to make a lot of changes until I see if this thing is practical and can grow. I have delusions of grandeur for where it could go. So no need to feel dirty. The USPSA crowd will be uncomfortable with some aspects as well.

Top Bottom