• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    HOT DAMN that is awesome. I don't know enough about competitive shooting to know how his brag sheet compares to others but it seems pretty great from where I am.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Taran has won a lot of stuff and his shooting is impressive. The "people" he hangs around or hang around him are always enjoyable to see. (Not talking about John Wick)

He trains a lot of hollywood folks in gun handling and he does it well.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I remember seeing him shoot from the hip at one point like in the video and thinking yeah but he's shooting huge targets up close and then he smacks poppers and runs a tree. Impressive.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    HOT DAMN that is awesome. I don't know enough about competitive shooting to know how his brag sheet compares to others but it seems pretty great from where I am.

He's the real deal. He's won a lot of national level championships in pistol and 3-gun. He earned his USPSA GM card shooting a Glock 21.

One of the big differences between others with comparable shooting skills and Taran is that he's a grandmaster at talking and selling as well. That combination and hard work are a good recipe for success.

Last edited:

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Whenever I've got a hankering for a 46-ounce gun with a 2lb. trigger...I watch stuff like this...

...then think, "Uh, kay, maybe I'll just go practice."

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Aside from the obvious visual appeal, the rapidly increasing number of good looking young women in the action shooting sports means that it's penetrating mainstream American youth culture. While some of them will never see it as anything other than a game, I think it's likely to have a significant positive effect on the voting behavior of young adults as soon as they connect the dots. Seeing Glock and FNH commercials on mainstream cable tv networks is a similarly good sign.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I was at a zombie attack simulation shooting booth in Atlanta NRAAM. It was fun and I did pretty good. I turn to leave and Taran & Jade were next up. Jade is one perky hyperactive chick. She shot pretty damn good but Taran beat my time shooting from the hip. Damnit! :):

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    Makes at least half of homosexuality hard to understand doesn't.

I might get chastised for this. I had classmates like that who were all cool, but I think it's a psych issue. All of them (my classmates) have messed up childhood from the stories that I heard. It's a values/parenting fail. But then I could be wrong.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Aside from the obvious visual appeal, the rapidly increasing number of good looking young women in the action shooting sports means that it's penetrating mainstream American youth culture. While some of them will never see it as anything other than a game, I think it's likely to have a significant positive effect on the voting behavior of young adults as soon as they connect the dots. Seeing Glock and FNH commercials on mainstream cable tv networks is a similarly good sign.

I felt the same while watching this video, and was thinking how can people not realize what a badass thing this is to be into. But I have a more skeptical, realistic side. I know Taran is into training "Hollywood," but Hollywood has a legendary capacity for hypocrisy. On many subjects. And the "other side" has an incredible array of subjects on which to hook young people into the "other" worldview, such as global warming, etc., etc. Another opinion I've heard expressed by young people, is "Barack Obama never took my guns." They have a complete lack of realization of who stood in the way of B.O. passing the AW ban. It was because the "two parent family religious bad guys" prevented it. The kids just see it didn't happen, and don't root-cause the reason why.

Young people also tend to find the Libertarian party appealing, which is good ideologically as far as that goes, but as somebody famous said, Government is not Reason, it is not persuasion, it is Force - and the Libertarian Party much as I like them is just not a "force" in practical terms of preventing anything bad happening.

Hard-core European shooters have options for pursuing their sports; it's just much harder than here. We like all the cool stuff from the CZ custom shop, but that exists because of a European "refugee" coming to a free country and starting something new. But what happens when there is no free country left to escape to? I really see us headed that way. The aholes are probably smart enough not to come door-to-door to take away guns; they'll just chip away and make it harder & harder. These kids will one day finally find themselves in a world where their ARs are banned, or perhaps worse, grandfathered, and I fear many will have never have had a chance to really understand how it could have been prevented.

Top Bottom