• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • downrise14

Plinker
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    NWI
    Hello everyone. I was just researching the Glock 19 Gen 5 and reviewed a thread on Brian Enos's forum stating the gen 5 wont pass the safety check. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced an issue with the Gen 5 passing safety? Thanks for your time.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    For those of us who aren't familiar - what does this "safety check" consist of? I don't shoot IDPA, and had never heard of such a thing.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    View attachment 62582

In the attached equipment check guidelines they stated the Gen 5 would not pass guideline H.

Ah, see. Looks like the IDPA folks failed math (or English) and need some help with their Metric conversions (or reading comprehension). The conversion error in their trigger weight is 16x the magnitude of the allowable measurement error in the scale used to check said trigger weight.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Now that some controversy has arisen, it's going to take an official ruling from IDPA to put this to rest. I have no doubt that there is any reason why a Gen 5 Glock won't pass muster, but as soon as someone said it can't pass that entire list of tests, some people won't let it go until someone Arkansas tells them.

BJones

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Noblesville/Westfld
    Now that some controversy has arisen, it's going to take an official ruling from IDPA to put this to rest. I have no doubt that there is any reason why a Gen 5 Glock won't pass muster, but as soon as someone said it can't pass that entire list of tests, some people won't let it go until someone Arkansas tells them.

Looks like we opened a can of worms, now they might have to redo the rule book:ugh:

Top Bottom