Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Plinker

User Info Menu

Winter Steel Challenges?

Are there any winter steel challenges coming up in the northern half of the state?

User Info Menu

Michigan City Rifle Club shoots Rimfire Challenge. That involves a 22 rifle and 22 pistol. They run a great outdoor match, but I have not shot their indoor matches. Indoors, they run 1 shooter at a time. Below is info from their website. I don't think any places run outdoor SC matches in the winter. Hope this helps.

MichiganCityRifleClub’s Monthly Rimfire Challenge on the 2nd Saturday of each month. Stage set up begins at 8am. Sign-up starts at 8:15 am. Shooter meeting at 8:30 am. Shooting starts immediately after and is usually done before 1:00 pm.

Indoor Shoots; 4 stages, 2 pistol - 2 rifle. 200 round count Nov-March
    Outdoor Shoots; 8 stages, 4 pistol - 4 rifle. 400 round count April-Nov

MCRC match fees:

Members $15
    Non-Member $20
    Juniors $10

General match, with the following divisions: Limited, Open

More information about the Rimfire challenge, including the rule book can be found at; Rimfire Challenge Shooting Association

Registration can be done on the day of the event or ahead of time at; https://practiscore.com/clubs/michigan-city-rifle-club/

For more information, please contact Pete Swenson at rcsa@michigancityrifleclub.com

Plinker

User Info Menu

I was looking for indoor matches.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Steel Challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Runt1122 View Post
    Indoor steel......you're kidding right ?

User Info Menu

As I mentioned, during the winter they hold the steel matches indoors, but only run one shooter at a time. It is much better when they go outside in the spring. jwo483 is correct in questioning your request for indoor steel matches. Steel is much better outside. I assume you only want indoor matches during the winter.

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Runt1122 View Post
    Indoor steel matches would result in a lot of broken light fixtures unless the steel was caged properly.
    Luddite Curmudgeon #2

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by downrange72 View Post
    Indoor steel matches would result in a lot of broken light fixtures unless the steel was caged properly.
    Really?!

Indoor steel matches all over YouTube and Instagram. We had a indoor shooting range in South Bend that had nothing but steel targets. I think it was called Kodiak
    Jay/lonehoosier INGOer #14,649

Quote Originally Posted by eldirector View Post
    IF they concealed their contempt as well as they concealed their handgun, it would be a much more meaningful conversation.
    For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

User Info Menu

Are they using frangible bullets?

"The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State."
    INDIANA CONSTITUTION
    Article 1 - Bill of Rights - Section 32

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

To prevail you must ACT!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rhino View Post
    Are they using frangible bullets?
    I don’t know but when I use to go to Kodiak in Southbend we used FMJ’s.
    Jay/lonehoosier INGOer #14,649

Quote Originally Posted by eldirector View Post
    IF they concealed their contempt as well as they concealed their handgun, it would be a much more meaningful conversation.
    For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

Marksman

User Info Menu

You may notice Kodiak is no longer in business. You can't buy enough liability insurance for that.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast