• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Whip_McCord

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    NWI
    Michigan City Rifle Club shoots Rimfire Challenge. That involves a 22 rifle and 22 pistol. They run a great outdoor match, but I have not shot their indoor matches. Indoors, they run 1 shooter at a time. Below is info from their website. I don't think any places run outdoor SC matches in the winter. Hope this helps.

MichiganCityRifleClub’s Monthly Rimfire Challenge on the 2nd Saturday of each month. Stage set up begins at 8am. Sign-up starts at 8:15 am. Shooter meeting at 8:30 am. Shooting starts immediately after and is usually done before 1:00 pm.

Indoor Shoots; 4 stages, 2 pistol - 2 rifle. 200 round count Nov-March
    Outdoor Shoots; 8 stages, 4 pistol - 4 rifle. 400 round count April-Nov

MCRC match fees:

Members $15
    Non-Member $20
    Juniors $10

General match, with the following divisions: Limited, Open

More information about the Rimfire challenge, including the rule book can be found at; Rimfire Challenge Shooting Association

Registration can be done on the day of the event or ahead of time at; https://practiscore.com/clubs/michigan-city-rifle-club/

For more information, please contact Pete Swenson at rcsa@michigancityrifleclub.com

Whip_McCord

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    NWI
    As I mentioned, during the winter they hold the steel matches indoors, but only run one shooter at a time. It is much better when they go outside in the spring. jwo483 is correct in questioning your request for indoor steel matches. Steel is much better outside. I assume you only want indoor matches during the winter.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Indoor steel matches would result in a lot of broken light fixtures unless the steel was caged properly.
    Really?!

[video=youtube_share;soN2vzM3ytc]http://youtu.be/soN2vzM3ytc[/video]

Indoor steel matches all over YouTube and Instagram. We had a indoor shooting range in South Bend that had nothing but steel targets. I think it was called Kodiak

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    Really?!

Indoor steel matches all over YouTube and Instagram. We had a indoor shooting range in South Bend that had nothing but steel targets. I think it was called Kodiak

Nice choice for a vid. :yesway:

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    Really?!

https://youtu.be/Y5sdRLZmNJE

Unless steel caged properly

I'm not saying this is caged properly , but at least they made an attempt.

At no point did I say it didn't happen.

trophyhunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 2, 2008
    South Bend
    You may notice Kodiak is no longer in business. You can't buy enough liability insurance for that.
    We shoot there once a week in the winter months, have since the day they opened the doors many years back. They have never closed and have been in a continuous loop of upgrades and improvements long as I can recall it's a nice clean safe modern facility that just keeps getting better every year.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Have fun inside guys I'll be shooting SCSA outside at Atlanta CC (IN not GA) next Saturday.
    Good luck to you, have fun and be safe. I can’t even get people up here to train let alone go to a steel plate challenge. It’s alawys the same people, rarely is there a new face.

Whip_McCord

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    NWI
    Good luck to you, have fun and be safe. I can’t even get people up here to train let alone go to a steel plate challenge. It’s always the same people, rarely is there a new face.

I know what you mean. I run the pistol league at Blythe's and I get a couple of our shooters to come out to a steel match occasionally, but not many. They don't know what they are missing. I think some are intimidated because it is a "competition", but they don't realize how friendly and helpful the shooters are and how much fun the matches are. Also, how much they can learn. Way more fun shooting outside than inside in a winter league, although the league keeps you in practice.

Where do you train? If you shoot steel plate matches up here, I'm sure we've been to some of the same matches.

Top Bottom