Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    No one is stronger or more dangerous than the man who can harness his emotions.

www.BrightFirearmsTraining.com

abright@ccrtc.com

Marksman
    Thanks Coach !

I was hoping to wait a while to adjust anything about this match but tonight makes that impossible.

We had something happen tonight that I have never seen. I did not issue a DQ because I cannot say that the 180 was broken with 100% certainty. I am 99.9% sure that it was. I only call what I know not what I think. Had the dropped gun hit the ground it would be a DQ. If the shooter got inside the trigger guard making that catch it would have been easy. If he swept himself making the catch it would have been easy. I can see the catch in my mind clearly. He did not sweep himself on the catch and he did not get inside the trigger. I know that. I lost sight of the gun between the draw and the catch. I think I know what happened but I do not know what happened. So I did not DQ.

I have thought about the situation quite a bit tonight. Safety is my primary function at these matches. If folks feel I let them down on that I apologize. I had a very hard time keeping up with the situation as it was happening. I have run thousands of shooters for a number of years. I have never seen this happen before. Had I issued the DQ I could not in good faith swear that the gun twirled or spun and broke the 180.

In the future anytime a shooter loses control of the gun a DQ will be issued. Loses control will be interpreted as both hands off the gun at the same time. This is in the best interest of safety for all concerned. This would of course not count when guns are grounded intentionally.

abright@ccrtc.com

Had a five shot revolver guy in the match tonight. Kudos for the sack to show up.

abright@ccrtc.com

Fun match as usual, looking forward to the next one. Thanks Coach.

Quote Originally Posted by jake 2000 View Post
    Not sure if you got my pm steve but i will take your slot if still available
    Sorry for missing your response. Had to work until 9:30pm in elevator pits. I didnít have time to look at my personal phone until i got off work. I hope you were able to get in

Thanks again Coach. I'll be back.
    INGOer #25,448

Plinker
    Quote Originally Posted by Compglock View Post
    Sorry for missing your response. Had to work until 9:30pm in elevator pits. I didnít have time to look at my personal phone until i got off work. I hope you were able to get in
    No problem. I didn't go it's a 30 minute drive didn't want to go and not be able to shoot

Plinker
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Had a five shot revolver guy in the match tonight. Kudos for the sack to show up.

Thanks for giving me a place to use it. I cannot wait until the next one I can make it to.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4