Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Carry Gun Match
    Match Date: Monday January 29th, February 12th , February 26th
    Time: Shooters Meeting 5:30 pm sharp First shot immediately after.
    Anyone not at the shooters meeting will not be able to shoot the match.
    Place: Parabellum Firearms and Indoor Range
    Cost: $20 Shooters must sign up/ pay online.
    The philosophy behind this match is for it to be a shooting test as related to real world, every day carry that any armed civilian may encounter. It will be a match since we are keeping score. There will not be gun restrictions, nor caliber restrictions. The courses of fire will always be between one and twelve shots. A shooter will have to do a mandatory reload after a sixth shot in courses of fire requiring more than six shots.

There will be two divisions. Open, which is anything goes. Limited, which means no optics, lasers, lights, or ported barrels. The gun must be worn to the match and worn from the match. There will be no safe area for gun handling. The gun must remain in the holster except when on the firing line under the direct observation and authority of the range officer. After completing each course of fire the shooter will change magazines and safely re-holster and therefore be ready for the next course of fire. Prior to each course of fire the shooter will be given the opportunity for a press check. No sight pictures maybe taken during the press check.

This match will be shot from concealment. The gun and holster must be completely concealed while standing with both arms extended and raised to the shoulder level. All reloads must come from a concealed position on the belt or from a pocket.

Requirements:
    Ear and Eye protection
    Holster that securely attaches to a belt (No ankle or shoulder holsters)
    2 magazines or speed loaders (3 would be best)

I copied this from the Parabellum page. The page where you have to go to sign up for the match. We had one dude carry the gun in last night. Wear to the match and wear it home. This will accomplish a number of things. If the person does not have a LTCH that would be a problem for this match.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Round count is right at 60 for this match as the stages stand right now.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    This is getting popular Coach! You just might be onto something here.
    I hope it gets real popular. I also hope folks improve their shooting and gun handling skills. I hope some valuable observations can be had about gear, and technique as well.

I hope we can continue to attract shooter who are not into competition shooting but carry a gun on a regular basis. This type of match is not going to become an "Arms Race" about gear.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    This match is full. Thanks to those that signed up. I will get some good stages and exercises together.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    a suggestion I thought of. Since this is more carry skills and not gaming per se, shouldnt we be encouraged to "get off the x" at the beep instead of being confined to a static competition box?

Of course that would require tape boxes instead of wooden ones currently used. (or risk shooters tripping)

Just thinking out loud...

(looking forward to Monday)

Top Bottom