Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Plinker

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    I cannot see a reason why you cannot get good hits with the iron sights.
    I can if they're all fuzzy from your regular glasses. While I could wear special glasses in a competition (I did as a rifle shooter) that would allow a decent front sight picture, I wouldn't be wearing them everyday, and I'm only going to compete to get better at EDC so I need to learn to deal with really fuzzy sights.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Topshot View Post
    I can if they're all fuzzy from your regular glasses. While I could wear special glasses in a competition (I did as a rifle shooter) that would allow a decent front sight picture, I wouldn't be wearing them everyday, and I'm only going to compete to get better at EDC so I need to learn to deal with really fuzzy sights.
    What kind of distances are we talking for this match? Fuzzy sights shouldn't be that much of a hindrance unless you are really talking about long distance or super tight shot placement. I don't say this to criticize but to encourage. There are a lot of good shooters who can't clearly make out their sights. You can do it to.
    Michael Swisher

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    With only three of these matches under our belt. Some observations.

The three winners have a combined 1 mike (miss) in those three wins.

Two of the three wins have gone to a full size 1911.

One win went to a stock M&P 2.0. (it has orange paint on the front sight) This gun was second in the other two matches without the paint.
    Full disclosure it is actually finger nail polish.

The fastest time has only won the match once. Accuracy seems to matter. (surprise)

One of the winners with his 1911 had many accuracy problems with a small pistol in the first match. I am concluding that little guns are harder to shoot.

Open category has not had a win yet.

Someone said to me last night at the match that lasers are not very effective. I won't put her name here, but found her observation to be very interesting.

Anybody have anything to add?
    Didn't see the match so I can't comment on that. Have you seen Karl Rehn's take on lasers? Red Dot Study ? Key Points ? Notes from KR
    Michael Swisher

Plinker

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cedartop View Post
    What kind of distances are we talking for this match? Fuzzy sights shouldn't be that much of a hindrance unless you are really talking about long distance or super tight shot placement. I don't say this to criticize but to encourage. There are a lot of good shooters who can't clearly make out their sights. You can do it to.
    For the upcoming one I know there's a 5x5 classifier at 10 yards according to the one stage they posted, which includes a head shot. I can do that, just not quickly.

Wider rear sight notch would help, too, eventually.

User Info Menu

For the upcoming one I know there's a 5x5 classifier at 10 yards according to the one stage they posted, which includes a head shot. I can do that, just not quickly.

Wider rear sight notch would help, too, eventually.
    Wrong match.
    This is not IDPA
    If youíre free youíll never see the walls.

Quote Originally Posted by Tactically Fat View Post
    Listen to Rhino, Coach, NHT3, and as much as I hate to say it, Chezuki. :-)

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

The only sights I know are fuzzy sights.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Done, done, and Iím on to the next one...
    -----------------------------------------------

User Info Menu

My only observation is that I wish I could make it to more of the matches.
    Luddite Crumudgeon #1

User Info Menu

I was talking to a specific person not making a statement in general. Having seen him on the range I was fairly confident he does not have vision problems.
    No one is stronger or more dangerous than the man who can harness his emotions.

www.BrightFirearmsTraining.com

abright@ccrtc.com

User Info Menu

If you cannot see the front sight on your EDC why would you not go to a dot or a laser or get corrective lens that you wear always that would allow you to see the sights?
    No one is stronger or more dangerous than the man who can harness his emotions.

www.BrightFirearmsTraining.com

abright@ccrtc.com

Hop

User Info Menu

A corrective lens that works at the focal distance of a front sight post is really annoying as a daily wear walk around town and drive a car lens.

I have a special ~21" focal length lens Rx for shooting and computer work. I switch glasses for working outside & driving. My contacts are kind of in between the two. I can shoot using any of them but the front sight pops with the near focal distance Rx.

The funny thing is the near focal Rx looks horrible with a red dot. I need the contacts or the distance lens for an RDS.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast