Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

User Info Menu

Sounds like vision is as complicated as hand size. I have always been blessed with good vision. But that is fading.
    No one is stronger or more dangerous than the man who can harness his emotions.

www.BrightFirearmsTraining.com

abright@ccrtc.com

Plinker

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    I was talking to a specific person not making a statement in general. Having seen him on the range I was fairly confident he does not have vision problems.
    Lack practice and training for sure. Vision is perfect here.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mattroth54 View Post
    Lack practice and training for sure. Vision is perfect here.
    Watching you I thought that was the case. Which is why I said what I said in the first place. I think your potential is large.

abright@ccrtc.com

User Info Menu

I haven't had anything close to the number of students that Coach has had but my experience has been that many people see their sights but don't focus on the front sight. I've heard Coach make that statement in several classes and some people don't understand the difference.
    You learn very quickly shooting this match that you may not be nearly nearly as prepared to defend yourself as you imagined and a big part of it is not seeing your sights. This match helps people realize practice and training is very important if you plan on defending yourself with a firearm. I've never seen any match/training like this that is available to anyone that wants to show up and have a run at it. Low pressure, fun and very informative. If you want to get an idea of what you don't do well and improve your skills in a controlled setting I can't imagine a better way to do it. If you can park your ego at the door this will be as much fun as anything you have done with your pistol.

NRA Life Member, NRA Basic Pistol instructor / RSO

"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard"
    Unnamed Navy Seal
    “Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public”

Aron Bright
    Any man can make mistakes but only and idiot persists in his error.. Cicero 200 BC

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by riverman67 View Post
    My only observation is that I wish I could make it to more of the matches.
    For me, a match
    Luddite Curmudgeon #2

Plinker

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by chezuki View Post
    Wrong match.
    This is not IDPA
    I'm aware of that, but I don't know what the hardest shot in the carry match will be though I can see where my answer may have caused confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Hop View Post
    A corrective lens that works at the focal distance of a front sight post is really annoying as a daily wear walk around town and drive a car lens.
    Bingo. I bet I wouldn't be legal to drive if my lens was only my bifocal Rx.

If I was going to just shoot bullseye, I'd get a new lens for my Knobloch frames, but I'm only interested in defensive uses.

At least for now, optics aren't allowed in IDPA. I could use one EDC, but not really needed for 99% of self defense. If the 1% occurs, I'll just stay behind cover and not take the shot.

User Info Menu

Do you know what the hardest shot on the street will be? What if no cover is available?

abright@ccrtc.com

Plinker

User Info Menu

At some point you reach diminishing returns. I bet 99% of citizens that carry will never need to draw their firearm. Of those that do, 90+% are within the 7 yard range it seems. Perhaps someone like BBI can show otherwise. I'd be OK with 20-25 yards. Even with bad eyesight, I'm confident I can outshoot the great majority of perps if there's no cover. Of course, they just seem to spray and pray so they could get lucky. I never intend to carry a spare mag either, which has been shown to rarely be needed.

User Info Menu

Well, many here will agree that SA will be your first line of defense, if you have to draw, then it's too late. Also, most here already knows action almost always beats reaction. What Coach is doing on this match is giving people a chance to shoot their carry as fast and as accurately as possible as a training in this match, hence it's a hybrid of USPSA/IDPA.

I hardly shot my carry gun, (hell, I don't even know how it zeroes, LOL) and I should have. With this match, I found out that I can not treat it like a competition gun. As soon as I made that adjustment, I dialed it down on hits. I guess I'm just lazy to go to a range because it's boring unlike going to these matches. That's just me.

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Topshot View Post
    At some point you reach diminishing returns. I bet 99% of citizens that carry will never need to draw their firearm. Of those that do, 90+% are within the 7 yard range it seems. Perhaps someone like BBI can show otherwise. I'd be OK with 20-25 yards. Even with bad eyesight, I'm confident I can outshoot the great majority of perps if there's no cover. Of course, they just seem to spray and pray so they could get lucky. I never intend to carry a spare mag either, which has been shown to rarely be needed.

-----------------------------------------------
    Done, done, and I’m on to the next one...
    -----------------------------------------------

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast