• ...and so much more!
  • singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Not a very popular sport in the US, if you aren't a follower of the sport just give it a watch this Olympics. It's a fast pace sport. Image jogging 1KM and having to shoot at a golf ball size target. Factoid, this is the only sports the US hasn't medal'ed in.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Not a very popular sport in the US, if you aren't a follower of the sport just give it a watch this Olympics. It's a fast pace sport. Image jogging 1KM and having to shoot at a golf ball size target. Factoid, this is the only sports the US hasn't medal'ed in.

We watched on Saturday.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    It's an incredible sport! One that I have ZERO hope to ever compete in.

I've tried XC skiing before. Sucked at it. Royally.

While I CAN shoot a rifle, I suck at it. I especially suck at it while shooting off-hand.

I cannot imagine being out of breath and attempting to shoot.

I'd like one of those rifles, though - just because.

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    A club in Ohio held summer biathlon several years ago. Easy concept based on 5k road race. Run a mile, shoot 5 shots. Run another mile, shoot 5 more shots. Run final mile (actually a 3 mile race, not 5k). Missed shots are a 110 yard penalty lap or 30 seconds added to your final race time. Easier to adminster the penalty time.

Rifles remain at the firing line. Runners are staggered with fastest runners going first so the firing line doesn't get overwhelmed.

I'd like to host an event like that, but already have a lot of irons in the fire. Would be a cool event for a LEO oriented frat to host.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    A club in Ohio held summer biathlon several years ago. Easy concept based on 5k road race. Run a mile, shoot 5 shots. Run another mile, shoot 5 more shots. Run final mile (actually a 3 mile race, not 5k). Missed shots are a 110 yard penalty lap or 30 seconds added to your final race time. Easier to adminster the penalty time.

Rifles remain at the firing line. Runners are staggered with fastest runners going first so the firing line doesn't get overwhelmed.

I'd like to host an event like that, but already have a lot of irons in the fire. Would be a cool event for a LEO oriented frat to host.

What? You should have to carry a Mosin Nagant and it's spam can. After the first mile, you have to open the can to get your ammo, then you can leave the can for the following laps, but bring the gun.

We'll also accept Swedish Mausers, as 6.5x55 is the traditional round for the biathlon.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    IIRC There was a summer biathlon at eagle creek park once (15 years ago?). Definitely have to have your cardio in order to ski/run and shoot like that!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2015
    Lexington
    Free Olympic Biathlon Targets

I have attached a couple free Olympic Biathlon targets for your shooting pleasure. One is reduced for 10 meter air rifle, the other is full size for 50 meters with .22 rimfire.

4/20/18 I have attached improved targets

Attachments

• Biathlon Targets for 10M Air Rifle.pdf
      256.2 KB · Views: 1
    • Biathlon Targets for 50M.pdf
      526.7 KB · Views: 1
    Last edited:

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Well this sucks, NBC's Sport Channel has the listing all wrong, so far I successfully recorded three Biathlon Events, plenty of Ice Skating and Ski, seems anything with a ski is listed as Biathlon.

Top Bottom