• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tryin'

Victimized
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    What is the best way to organize a fundraiser handgun match? Indiana FOP 103 is wanting to branch out from the usual gun raffles and golf outings and put on a nice event. So, a few questions:

Is this even feasible? :):

Is there a range suitable for 50-100 shooters in or near Hamilton County that would let us rent the place exclusively for a day?

Is there a "governing body" that would be willing to run the match? Someone used to scoring and such with a lot of shooters? We would like this to be as plug-n-play as possible. Targets, timers, all of that would need to be part of the package. What would be the estimated cost for such?

I don't compete so I don't know how everything works on the match end, but I guess I am looking for a fully run match, just using our attendee list. We would be providing prizes, lunch, etc., just need someone to handle the actual match regulation.

Anyone interested or able to put me in contact with someone who can help? Thanks! :ingo:

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    It has a number drawbacks but it could be done. Any governing body would want a fee on top of costs. Rules and such could be and issue. All of those things could be over come. Would there be any manpower to help with setting up and running the match?

Top Bottom