• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    MATCH CANCELLED
    All,
    Out of an overabundance of safety we are canceling the match on Sunday the 11 because of the cold weather. With lows in 20's and a wind-chill it's just going to suck all day. We will try and reschedule for sometime in April.
    Sorry everyone!
    Mike

Event Information:
    When: Sunday, March 11 2018
    Setup: 8-9 AM
    Shooters Meeting and Safety Briefing: 9:45
    Stages: 5 COF
    Round Count: TBD
    Where: Atlanta Conservation Club, 29595 E 88th, Atlanta, IN 46031

Match Fee: $20/ $15 to ACC Members; $3 open bolt indicators. We have promised our match staff we would try to keep the size of the match manageable and have put in a limit of 50 shooters. However, range officers shoot for free and can add as many additional guest above the 50 threshold for the match and always have a guaranteed slot.

The URL to pre-register is:

https://practiscore.com/acc-carbine-match-3-11-18/register

Second, weather can sometime be an issue, on days that weather is a concern please check INGunOwners - Indiana Gun Owners Community under "shooting sports" for any cancellations.
    Open bolt indicators are mandatory for this match and will try to have a limited number for sale for $3. However, please bring your own if you have one. On arrival at match, please leave guns bagged until directed otherwise.
    The safety briefing is MANDATORY for all shooters, miss the briefing miss the match!

If you want more information on the match please see the word document attachment in practice score link.

Classifications:
    Modern Carbine with Optics (ar-15/etc)
    Modern Carbine no Optic (ar-15/etc)
    World War II (M1 Carbine, K98, etc)
    Main Battle Rifle (.308 - FAL/SCAR-H/etc)
    Pistol Caliber Carbine (9mm/.40/.45 ACP)
    AK Style Carbine (7.62/5.45)

If you have any additional questions you can email us at: carbine.shooters@yahoo.com

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    Holy ****. I need this.

We did too and that is part of the reason we are putting it on :-) Also, I've gotten a couple emails on suppressors and the answer is YES you can run them. However, if we are having timer issues we will ask you to remove it to continue forward. This is not a problem if you are running a .223 or .308 as the timer can still pick it up a few feet away.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    What kind of distance would we be shooting? And are optics allowed my current setup is 3-9 scope and offset red dot is that setup ok?

Since its at Atlanta most stages will have a max of 25 yards and I believe the 50 yard bay is open. I plan to be leaving my 1-8 on the 1x setting. Based on the word document you would be in the Modern Carbine with Optic class

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    What kind of distance would we be shooting? And are optics allowed my current setup is 3-9 scope and offset red dot is that setup ok?

With that setup you will be using the red-dot ALOT more. We will be using bay 0 which is 50 yards but the rest will be in the 25 yard range.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Dammit. My March is solid, so Im out. Looking forward to the next one so I can finally try my LRBHO upper on the clock.

BJones

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Noblesville/Westfld
    I just bought an AR9 that I am anxious to try, but it looks like its going to be to cold for my old butt. I would hate to drop my gun due to numb hands.:fogey:`:dunno:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    Is there a round count yet?

109 for the COF and of course bring extras. We have a couple minor revisions to do and will be posting COF to practice score soon. Weather is looking iffy at this point with rain and low temps in the 10 day forecast. We will reassess later in the week so stay tuned.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    Match COF are posted to practice score if anyone wants to review. We are watching the weather very closely for this match so please check here Friday/Saturday for match updates.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    Per the Word document pockets are fine but they will be pretty slow, I ended up getting a chest rig for this shoot

+1 to this. We have two high-cap stage stages (IE 30 rounder's): but the rest are 10 round mag stages with reloads for sure. If you go the registration URL you can view the COF's for the match.

Top Bottom