Anybody know what "generally downrange" means?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    This copy from Troy's gem in Downrange:

Confusion about start positions, (Hint: if you spell them out, there will be no confusion.

Start Positions: spell them out, period — this goes for handgun as well. Buttstock on belt, held in both hands, muzzle generally downrange, safety on is an acceptable start position for PCC.

This is pure GOLD he tells us to "spell it out and there will be no confusion" then says "muzzle generally downrange" Yeah no confusion there:dunno:
    If I was shooting PCC and the stage description doesn't say muzzle on mark I would have the muzzle pointing at first target which I would argue has to be "generally downrange" if I'm able to shoot at it legally.

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    "Generally downrange" eliminates the retard RO's version of downrange which is that squared shoulder, feet and eyes crap.

Unless specified just the "downrange" then the ridiculous RO's version applies. LOL. Don't blame the RO's man, blame the BOD for writing this up and became subject to anyone's interpretations.

Last edited:

longbeard

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 15, 2013
    United States
    Aiming at the first target that's not up range to expressly p*ss off every guy shooting a pistol who doesn't like PCC? Preferrably with a laser so u can shoot it from the hip as well.

Last edited:

mongo404

Master
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Frankfort
    I highly doubt that the description ( muzzle generally downrange) means that is the way you should write it. I'm thinking it means that most times you will write the description to include muzzle downrange

gen·er·al·ly
    ˈjen(ə)rəlē/
    adverb

in most cases; usually.
      [COLOR=#878787 !important]"the term of a lease is generally 99 years"[/COLOR]
      synonyms:normally, in general, as a rule, by and large, more often than not, almost always, mainly, mostly, for the most part, predominantly, on the whole; More

Like as in Jake is generally a A$$ (O)

But since most off you like to argue the simplest things like a black cat white, you may carry on!!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    PCC Start Position: Competitor facing in any direction, hands at ends of arms and attached at wrists. PCC is unloaded with no magazine inserted and flag inserted in chamber; PCC placed in back row of gun vault at competitor's home with vault door locked and combination scrambled.

Top Bottom