TSA 2 Gun Match 4th Sunday every month (3/25)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mj.elder

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Hey team,
    Posting for awareness. Weather permitting the monthly 2 gun shoot for Tactical Shooters Alliance (TSA) is on March 25th this month.

Where: Tri County Coon Hunter's Assoc 417 N Coonhunters Rd, Batesville, IN 47006
    What: 2 gun shoot (4 stages of rifle/pistol engagements)
    When: Shooters must arrive before 930

Required equipment:
    Semi auto rifle with 100 rounds of non steel tipped ammunition 3 mags minimum
    Pistol of choice with 3 mags minimum or 4-5 moon clips 100 rounds min
    Sling for your rifle and a holster for your secondary
    $20 to run all 4 stages

Courses are fun and utilize different skills (long and short range rifle and secondary engagements, move to cover, shoot from cover, tactical reloads etc)

We have a good group of guys from this community that go out every month and we are always looking to expand.

Expect to run from 930 to 230

Ping for questions!

dung

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2017
    Charlestwon
    I would like to run one of these this year, but have yet to pick up an AR15. Would it be possible to run an SKS? I have 7 stripper clips at the moment and could probably source some more before next months. I will be out of town for this one.

Clearly I wouldn't be competitive, but it looks like fun either way.

Thanks

mj.elder

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Dung,
    Stripper clips should be no problem. A couple matches ago someone brought out an old M1 and Thompson to run the course. Looked like they had a hell of a time. An AR is not required, but certainly makes you more competitive! All levels of shooters are welcome, but we ask that your main focus be safety. Please have some common sense and at least a general sense of handling for your weapons prior to arrival.

We have guys who come out and walk through the stages and others who move through them with a desire to win, while some show up to test out a new weapons or optics set in conditions a normal range won't allow. We are all there to have fun and teach each other something new. No one is ever looked down upon for being slow or inexperienced.

I had never shot competitively before showing up and now I'm a regular.

There is a 0% chance that you or anyone else shows up and walks away saying "I wish that was more fun"

dung

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2017
    Charlestwon
    Safety is certainly important...I shoot pretty regularly, so I am familar with how everything works and I know how to listen if you want me to do something different.

Thanks

mj.elder

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    We were not able to run in Jan or Feb due to weather conditions, but the aug-nov turnouts were 15-20 people each shoot. Pretty good size broken into 2-3 groups.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Is concealment for the pistol required?

Are both rifle and pistol used in the stages?

FreeLand

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Sep 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Is concealment for the pistol required?

Are both rifle and pistol used in the stages?

No concealment needed. You will normally shoot both firearms each stage. You need a sling for your rifle because you typically start with your rifle, transition to your handgun and then finish with your rifle which you have been caring with you.

FreeLand

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Sep 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I would like to run one of these this year, but have yet to pick up an AR15. Would it be possible to run an SKS? I have 7 stripper clips at the moment and could probably source some more before next months. I will be out of town for this one.

Clearly I wouldn't be competitive, but it looks like fun either way.

Thanks

Iron sights will be the most limiting factor. Most of the time, we only load 10 rounds per mag. (I presume to force people to practice reloads.) The two matches I have shot had a stage with multiple targets at 50-60 yards. Normal procedure is to put two rounds in the body and one to the head. I find head shots hard to do without magnification (your eyes may be younger).

You may want to consider a PCC (pistol caliber carbine) instead of an AR.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    No concealment needed. You will normally shoot both firearms each stage. You need a sling for your rifle because you typically start with your rifle, transition to your handgun and then finish with your rifle which you have been caring with you.

Are you holstering your handgun on the clock?

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    All levels of shooters are welcome, but we ask that your main focus be safety. Please have some common sense and at least a general sense of handling for your weapons prior to arrival.

We have guys who come out and walk through the stages and others who move through them with a desire to win, while some show up to test out a new weapons or optics set in conditions a normal range won't allow. We are all there to have fun and teach each other something new. No one is ever looked down upon for being slow or inexperienced.

I had never shot competitively before showing up and now I'm a regular.

There is a 0% chance that you or anyone else shows up and walks away saying "I wish that was more fun"

This is an excellent pitch for this event. Maybe I'll give it try this year.

mj.elder

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    This is an excellent pitch for this event. Maybe I'll give it try this year.

Great guys providing us a great place to try the sport! If you love shooting, but are tired of punching paper, I highly recommend.

For anyone interested feel free to send me a direct message if you need any additional information.

Steel and wood

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2016
    Tipton
    I have been to several of these matches. These are very well put on matches with great people. It’s what you make it I am old fat and slow but enjoy it. If it’s wet wear boots it gets muddy

FreeLand

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Sep 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Are you holstering your handgun on the clock?

The answer is NO if you mean "unload and show clear" while the timer is running.

You may be moving around with a round in the chamber in both firearms at the same time. So you need a good holster. The safety officers will appreciate you if you are conscientious about putting your rifle's safety on and shouting "Safe On!" before running somewhere with your rifle.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    The answer is NO if you mean "unload and show clear" while the timer is running.

You may be moving around with a round in the chamber in both firearms at the same time. So you need a good holster. The safety officers will appreciate you if you are conscientious about putting your rifle's safety on and shouting "Safe On!" before running somewhere with your rifle.

No, I was trying to determine if there would be speed holstering of the loaded handgun to get the rifle into action?

FreeLand

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Sep 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    No, I was trying to determine if there would be speed holstering of the loaded handgun to get the rifle into action?

There are stages where you will be putting your loaded handgun back into the holster and continuing the stage with your rifle while on the clock. I personally would not want to play this game using an inside the waistband holster!

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    There are stages where you will be putting your loaded handgun back into the holster and continuing the stage with your rifle while on the clock. I personally would not want to play this game using an inside the waistband holster!

Thank you sir! That's certainly one of the reasons I asked.

Top Bottom