• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Fort Wayne's next USPSA match is this Sunday, April 15th.

The April match will be a Classifier match. There will be 6 classifier courses and 1 field course.

If you wish to shoot two guns, you can. We'll run everyone through with their first gun, then folks wanting to shoot a second division can stick around and shoot through again in their second division.

Registration Begins: 9:00 A.M.
    *New-shooters meeting: 9:30 A.M.
    Shooters Meeting: 9:45 A.M.
    Match Begins: 10:00 A.M.

*New-shooters meeting prior to the match: If you are new to uspsa, we'll give you a quick introduction into the basics of the game (safety, range commands, scoring).

Registration Fee:
    $20 (General entry)
    $15 (FWRR member)
    $0 (setup crew)
    Juniors shoot free with paid adult
    *** The cost to shoot a second division is $10 (including FWRR members, setup crew, and Jrs).

The Fort Wayne Rifle and Revolver (FWRR) gun club is located north of Harlan, IN, just off 37.
    15715 Rupert Rd
    Grabill, IN 46741
    41.234010/-84.888246
    Maps and directions can be found at Fort Wayne Rifle & Revolver Gun Club... Fort Wayne Rifle and Revolver Club Range

"Like" us on facebook, at www.facebook.com/fwuspsa
    Questions? Email me at ftw_uspsa@yahoo.com or PM me here.

Hope to see you there!

-rvb

Last edited:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Does that mean you were looking for directions? Going to shoot with us? :)

-rvb

Maybe . . . not this month, though! I haven't been up there since the last time the club hosted the section/state match.

I was late to join my squad because I stayed at Jacob Yoder's Amish Bed & Breakfast. What the brochure didn't mention was that you were expected to do some chores in the morning before you got your breakfast. I learned that it doesn't matter how you tug on the underside of a cow with horns, you're not going to be successful bringing the milk back to the house.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    this time of year I don't believe the forecasts unless I can look up and see the dark clouds coming! :)
    It's a long time till Sunday.
    (I'm more worried about setup!)
    -rvb

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Classifier stages are built. Thanks to the guys who came out this morning and and got a little soggy helping setup.
    Forecast for tomorrow keeps improving.... the latest is "cloudy with periods of rain."

-rvb

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Scores are at https://practiscore.com/results/new/54709
    ill get them on uspsa tomorrow, let me know if you see any issues.

a very soggy match. But we got some brand new shooters introduced to the game,and some folks classified that weren’t classified yet, so that made it worth while. Thanks to Corey, Matt, Dan, and Ralph who showed up just to RO. That shows real commitment to the sport and the club (with a touch of crazy mixed in).

-rvb

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    Glad to hear it went well. I decided to skip because I don't like being cold and wet. Rain, wind and 30ish degree weather is not an enjoyable time...at least in my book. Had enough of that growing up on the farm.

Hopefully in May we won't still be stuck in winter. I am hoping to join practice in May.

Gotta love this global warming that is going to cook us all!

excursion12

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 10, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Thanks for putting on the show despite the weather Ryan.
    You guys did a great job dealing with the wind and rain so we could shoot.
    I really appreciate it. Its one thing to put up with it so you can shoot, but just doing it to let others shoot is a new level of dedication.
    The umbrella holder while you wait to begin the stage is a nice touch!
    Thanks again!

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    So I've had a couple folks express a desire for another, warmer, drier chance at a classifier match....

What are people's opinions on that? Let's talk about June ....
    Would you rather see

1) Our "normal" 4 long courses, a short/med course, and a classifier
    2) 6 classifier stages, possibly with an additional short/med course
    or
    3) 4 classifier stages with an additional 2 long courses and a short/med course

I'm thinking option 3 gives a nice mix... 4 classifiers is enough that you can get classified in a division not classified in before, but we could still have 3 field courses for those who don't enjoy classifier stages.

Would like to hear input from some of our regulars as well as you new guys. I'll be cross-posting to our FB page (www.facebook.com/fwuspsa)

Note this is kind of like a 3rd-world democracy... you can cast your vote, but I still get to decide the outcome. And there may or may not be Russian interference with the outcome. :)

Thanks,
    -rvb

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    Keep may and June normal (option 1). I'm gonna try and make both those matches, probably won't if it's all or mostly classifiers though. No fun in that. Let folks get classified the normal way, I week at a time.

romack991

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    Note this is kind of like a 3rd-world democracy... you can cast your vote, but I still get to decide the outcome. And there may or may not be Russian interference with the outcome. :)

This sounds a lot like our current USPSA board asking for feedback about division rules. Are you from A6?

Top Bottom