• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PhxCollier

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2017
    Indiana
    Are 21 round “tacops” magazines legal for carry optics division, or do they make it an open division gun?

I assume the P320 rx Carry would be Carry optic if it had the 17 round magazines only, correct?

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    sorry, I have no idea about those specific mags. Are you talking 9mm? 17 round mag would most likely be legal (stock length?).

they have to fit the 140mm gauge. Do you have them in hand? Can you make a measurement? length along the back of the mag from bottom to rear/top of feedlips has to be <140mm (actually, something like 140.25mm). If it fits w/in that measurement, it will most likely fit the gauge..

otherwise maybe someone that owns some or knows about that specific gun will come along soon.

I always have a gauge with me at matches. Ask around at your next match and see if anyone has a gauge...

-rvb

PhxCollier

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2017
    Indiana
    sorry, I have no idea about those specific mags. Are you talking 9mm? 17 round mag would most likely be legal (stock length?).

they have to fit the 140mm gauge. Do you have them in hand? Can you make a measurement? length along the back of the mag from bottom to rear/top of feedlips has to be <140mm (actually, something like 140.25mm). If it fits w/in that measurement, it will most likely fit the gauge..

otherwise maybe someone that owns some or knows about that specific gun will come along soon.

I always have a gauge with me at matches. Ask around at your next match and see if anyone has a gauge...

-rvb

Thanks, it looks to be extremely close. I will look you up this weekend, as I plan to shoot uspsa at Ft Wayne Sunday.

RePete68

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Lowell, IN
    I run the 21 round Sig mag tube with a Springer Precision base pad / Grams spring & follower, giving me a re-loadable 23 rounds. This combo fits the 140mm requirement for Carry Optics easily. Never checked to see if the factory 21 mag with factory base pad would fit the gauge, but i assume it will.

Springer Precision base pads here if you decide you want a few extra rounds. https://shop.springerprecision.com/product.sc?productId=383&categoryId=85

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    All of my SIG factory 21-rounders measure about 1mm under the 140mm limit, using a calibrated steel rule to the tabletop. SIG appears to have had 140 in mind when they designed it.

Unfortunately, no such consideration was given to Production shooters. If you want to use it for that, you're going to have to spend a tedious afternoon attacking a small pile of standard 17-rounders with a dremel tool, to get your gun + mag to fit in the "Production box."

PhxCollier

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2017
    Indiana
    Thanks guys, I appreciate it. I assumed that the 17 round mags would work for production. I guess I need to look that up as well.

Thanks all.

Top Bottom