• ...and so much more!
  • Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    Here are the details about the clinic that I'm planning. Lots of shooters have helped me through the years and I want to play it forward.I'm doing this for free and the club is letting us use the range and only charging $10 to cover targets and pasters.
    Please RSVP so we know how many to expect and if you have something specific you want to discuss let me know so we can put it on the agenda.
    Hope to see you there.
    We are working with Revolver Supply Company to get some stuff to give away at the clinic.

Revolver Clinic
    Where: Atlanta Conservation Club
    29595 E.88[SUP]th[/SUP]
    Atlanta, In. 46031
    When: May 19 2018 8:00 AM Start
    We are planning a class for those shooting or thinking about shooting Revolvers in competition. We will talk about equipment, dryfire, ammo, and techniques. We will talk about USPSA, ICORE, and can touch on other sports if wanted.
    We will have some range time where we will run a couple of drills and have some stages setup so we can talk stage breakdowns and strategies and then shoot the stages.
    We will have lots of shooting tips and pointers.
    While this class is primarily about revolvers, some other limited capacity divisions like Single Stack might benefit from the shooting tips and stage breakdown portions.
    My name is Paul Francis and I am a USPSA Grand Master in Revolver division. I have been shooting and working on Revolvers for years. I have a business doing action jobs on competition and carry revolvers.
    I have had lots of people help me over the years and I want to play it forward and hopefully get more shooters interested in revolver.
    This is a class that we will try to keep fun and informative and if you have something that you want covered let us know ahead of time and we can make sure it is on the schedule.
    Cost is just $10 to cover the cost of the targets for the club.
    A note that the next day is the ICORE match at the club so you can test the stuff you learn at the class.
    Bring your lunch and your guns and equipment and at least 200 rounds of ammo, probably won’t need that much but extra won’t hurt. If you don’t have a Revolver or equipment yet you can still come to the class and you will learn about the equipment you will need.
    Please RSVP so we will have an idea how many are coming to the class.
    RSVP to Jim Barbour at barbourshots@comcast.net or 317-258-5545
    Or Paul Francis at bosshoss@ourfrancisfamily.com or 765-506-2127

jonny9fingers

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2014
    Zionsville
    Hey Paul, this is Jon Hoyt from the Shooting Sports Channel. I just got my first revolver, and literally just goggled your name to talk with you about getting some work done on it. I will definitely be joining this event.

jkdbjj

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2015
    rural
    What a great day of learning that will be. Anyone who wonders if revolvers are "adequate" for self defense...spend $10 and learn from one of the best.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    What a great day of learning that will be. Anyone who wonders if revolvers are "adequate" for self defense...spend $10 and learn from one of the best.

How will a competition class help with that?

jkdbjj

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2015
    rural
    In no way at all.

Thanks for the clarification…I guess I got hung up on the "we will have lots of shooting tips and pointers" part of the announcement….

200 rounds through a revolver means lots of reloading…and there appears to be no prohibition against shooting from concealment…or having moon clips in a jacket pocket…or asking questions of a GM revolver shooter who is also an experienced revolver smith for both competition and carry revolvers.

Sounds like an awesome day of learning to me…with part of that learning being whether a person feels comfortable running a wheel gun and carrying one day-to-day.

Last edited:

Seancass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Near Whiteland, IN
    I plan on attending! I'll see if I can con a couple buddies into joining me.

You mentioned low-cap guns like single stack. Do you plan on letting them shoot or do you want wheel guns only?

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    I plan on attending! I'll see if I can con a couple buddies into joining me.

You mentioned low-cap guns like single stack. Do you plan on letting them shoot or do you want wheel guns only?

Autoloaders are welcome but will have to sit thru a lot of revolver discussion and it will be open season on them on the range with the revolvers outnumbering them:laugh:
    Lots of the shooting tips and stage breakdown will cross over to the autoloaders.

opus1776

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    H-D-Bump-Safety-Road-Warning-Sign.jpg_350x350.jpg

======================================
    "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" K. Moss
    You can NEVER be too rich or too thin.
    Life is not a journey, but a series of unplanned detours...
    Perfection: is not a goal---it's a demanded expectation.

Top Bottom