• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Fort Wayne's next USPSA match is this Sunday, May 20.

After our classifier turned into a soggy waste, I asked what format people wanted for the May match, and response were all over the place. Definitely no clear consensus. So, I'm going to compromise a little and do an option I wasn't smart enough to think of back then. For the most part, our match will be our normal format. Only instead of a short course or standards type course in the little bay 5, I'm going to do a second classifier. I'll do this in June, also. This way if someone wants to get an initial classification, you can do it in two matches. So 4 field courses, and 2 classifiers.

Registration Begins: 9:00 A.M.
    *New-shooters meeting: 9:30 A.M.
    Shooters Meeting: 9:45 A.M.
    Match Begins: 10:00 A.M.

*New-shooters meeting prior to the match: If you are new to uspsa, we'll give you a quick introduction into the basics of the game (safety, range commands, scoring).

Registration Fee:
    $20 (General entry)
    $15 (FWRR member)
    $0 (setup crew)
    Juniors shoot free with paid adult

The Fort Wayne Rifle and Revolver (FWRR) gun club is located north of Harlan, IN, just off 37.
    15715 Rupert Rd
    Grabill, IN 46741
    41.234010/-84.888246
    Maps and directions can be found at Fort Wayne Rifle & Revolver Gun Club... Fort Wayne Rifle and Revolver Club Range

"Like" us on facebook, at www.facebook.com/fwuspsa
    Questions? Email me at ftw_uspsa@yahoo.com or PM me here.

Hope to see you there!

-rvb

Sporky

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2012
    Fort Wayne IN
    And to top it off...Bay 1 will be an extravaganza of shooting amazingness.......or a hot mess.
    Either way you all should come out and see if I make an amazing stage, or total fail.

Should be fun!

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    At least we are looking at a rain free day....at least at the moment this post is written.

Give it 30 minutes and the forecast may change again!

The local news team showed up to our last match. This was taken during their live broadcast at the steps to our clubhouse:

11NETWORKS-articleLarge.jpg

Mother nature +2'd everyone on their classifiers. That B****.

But Ron Swanson said to man up and shoot, so we did.
    (Well, I just RO'd. So I watched others man up.)

there-is-no-such-thing-as-bad-weather-only-inadequate-4488838.png

But Look, Ron Burgandy says it will be dry this Sunday! I think.

10mu8h.jpg

So who's ready to come shoot ??????

bucket

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Thanks to everyone who came out and shot with us today.
    and thanks especially to the guys who came out days in advance to set up.
    and another big thanks to all the guys who showed up early to help setup this am and with tear down after. Having all those hands during setup really took a load off!

scores are up on PS.
    https://practiscore.com/results/new/57260

let me know of you see any issues. I’ll get them up on uspsa tomorrow.

thanks!
    -rvb

Fuzz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    LaFONTAINE
    As usual everyone at Ft Wayne did a great job. Matt's stage one was a great and challenging stage. Kudos to him on his first design.

romack991

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    Fun match as always. I enjoyed Matt getting a procedural for shooting outside the shooting area on his own stage.

I've been rushing a bit lately. Too many mikes and no shoots the last couple matches so I felt good cleaning that up.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    I heard this on a podcast today. My Google Fu must be weak today as I could not find an explanation.

Could you please enlighten this noob.

A couple years ago there was an RO who was busted for helping his buddies at majors by adding 2 seconds to other people's times. He would hide the timer from view as he called out the time. I believe he either lost his RO status or may have been banned from the sport, my CRS disease is flaring up again.....

-rvb

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    Ah
    A couple years ago there was an RO who was busted for helping his buddies at majors by adding 2 seconds to other people's times. He would hide the timer from view as he called out the time. I believe he either lost his RO status or may have been banned from the sport, my CRS disease is flaring up again.....

-rvb

Ah...OK. I saw a video about that. It stinks that someone would give up their integrity for something like that.

Makes sense now. And yes, I do believe that mother nature was +2'ing everyone in April.

Someone needs to find that mother nature lady and tell her "your drunk, go home". Winter in April, Summer in May...dat aint rite!

Top Bottom