Event Information:
    When: July 28 2018
    Setup: 8-9 AM
    Shooters Meeting and Safety Briefing: 9:45
    Stages: 5 COF
    Round Count: TBD
    Where: Atlanta Conservation Club, 29595 E 88th, Atlanta, IN 46031
    Round count: 81 min

Match Fee: $20/ $15 to ACC Members; $3 open bolt indicators. We have promised our match staff we would try to keep the size of the match manageable and have put in a limit of 50 shooters. However, range officers shoot for free and can add as many additional guest above the 50 threshold for the match and always have a guaranteed slot.

The URL to pre-register is:

https://practiscore.com/acc-carbine-match-7-28-18-clone/register

Second, weather can sometime be an issue, on days that weather is a concern please check INGunOwners - Indiana Gun Owners Community under "shooting sports" for any cancellations.
    Open bolt indicators are mandatory for this match and will try to have a limited number for sale for $3. However, please bring your own if you have one. On arrival at match, please leave guns bagged until directed otherwise.
    The safety briefing is MANDATORY for all shooters, miss the briefing miss the match!

If you want more information on the match please see the word document attachment in practice score link. It contains a wealth of information about the concept behind this.

Classifications:
    Modern Carbine with Optics (ar-15/etc)
    Modern Carbine no Optic (ar-15/etc)
    World War II (M1 Carbine, K98, etc)
    Main Battle Rifle (.308 - FAL/SCAR-H/etc)
    Pistol Caliber Carbine (9mm/.40/.45 ACP)
    AK Style Carbine (7.62/5.45)

If you have any additional questions you can email us at: carbine.shooters@yahoo.com . However, we will be checking this account sporadically in the weeks leading up to the match and then DAILY the week before the match.

Last edited:

E7Wrangler

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2016
    Central
    Currently registered in Modern Carbine (optics) division. Just registered my son as well. Only 1 AR between us but both he and I are very expirenced with pistol caliber lever action carbines. What say you, should we share the AR or should one of us use the lever action? 1866 Yellowboy lever gun holds 10 rounds and of course can be topped off through the side loading gate on the go. Either option seems workable to me but wanted to check to see if this will cause any issues before we decide.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    In, plus now I have an excuse to finally order an offset MRO mount for my LWRC. Now to just adjust my 1-8 to be on target at 25 yards for minimal offset

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    Currently registered in Modern Carbine (optics) division. Just registered my son as well. Only 1 AR between us but both he and I are very expirenced with pistol caliber lever action carbines. What say you, should we share the AR or should one of us use the lever action? 1866 Yellowboy lever gun holds 10 rounds and of course can be topped off through the side loading gate on the go. Either option seems workable to me but wanted to check to see if this will cause any issues before we decide.

No problem using the same gun between shooters. However, if you are running back-to-back you will need to have enough mags to share. Otherwise we are ok spreading you out between shooters. My preference would be on a shared gun vs lever action because we don't have a classification setup for it currently.

Thanks!
    Mike

E7Wrangler

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2016
    Central
    No, problem! We will leave the Yellowboy home & share the AR. Would have earned style points with the Yellowboy though:D LOL. I have enough mags for us both to have our own set but would appreciate being separated in the shooting order anyway so I can watch him. This will be his first match with an AR, not a new shooter or competitor just new to competition with AR.

looking forward to having some fun. Thanks.

E7Wrangler

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2016
    Central
    Quick clarification question, everything I read, here & on Practiscore, says July 28 which is a Saturday. The Word document with details on Practiscore says Sunday, July 28. Just want to confirm is, it Saturday, July 28 or Sunday, July 29?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    Quick clarification question, everything I read, here & on Practiscore, says July 28 which is a Saturday. The Word document with details on Practiscore says Sunday, July 28. Just want to confirm is, it Saturday, July 28 or Sunday, July 29?

Saturday July 28. I've updated the match document.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    The one I went to last year didnt. I was ticked i could have used my 30s but didnt bring them.

We mix it up in this area. Some stages will required multiple reloads others may be high-cap. We give flexibility to the state designer in this area on what they want the shooter to run. My recommendation is always to bring high-caps and download if necessary. I'm trying to get COF finalized by Sunday and posted to Practicescore and will do a bump here on the total round count.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom