• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • parkerj112

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.8%
    30   1   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    So interwebs I'm on my way to USPSA Nationals to shoot production A class in Oct 2018. I envision this thread to be my journal of the training and other stuff that goes with it.

I've never been to a match bigger than the state championship before. And I've only been to one state championship.

Stay tuned for daily progress!

Johnathon (Spiderman) Parker

YouTube link:
    m.youtube.com/my_videos?disable_polymer=true&csn=w0c_W6erHYWBwQHtrJVo

Instagram handle
    UspsaSpiderman

Last edited:

parkerj112

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.8%
    30   1   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    Well I was going to dry fire this morning, but kids are up and its my morning to let the wife sleep in. At least they have good taste! Looney Toons spotlight collection!

Last edited:

parkerj112

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.8%
    30   1   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    Can't DF, can't LF so what's left? Mental training.

Book:
    Attainment The 12 Elements of Elite Performance

Author:
    Troy Bassham

Check out troy and Lanny's books and thank me later. You got mental problems or want to compete at the higher levels then these guys are for you.

Parker

parkerj112

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.8%
    30   1   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    Did refinement and repetition first 12 this morning. Took a little over an hour. I can tell I'm gripping the gun correctly as my hands are sore and training technique starts to slack off after 50 minutes or so. Have to work on more DF endurance. Tonight working on more mental game. Reading 12 Elements of Elite Performance. Check out the book for some great mental game knowledge.

parkerj112

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.8%
    30   1   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    Check out my Instagram page UspsaSpiderman for some tips on grip enhancer. More is not better, unless maybe it's bacon. And I'm told there are negative side effects to MORE BACON....

parkerj112

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.8%
    30   1   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    I mentioned to my wife a few days ago that I'd like to loss ten pounds and be in better shape. She ordered Insanity DVD workout video set. Now I love this woman but man I DIDN'T like her after the first workout last night. This is self proclaimed hardest workout on DVD. I thought I was going to puke during and definitely after the workout. Thankfully I met my goal and kept my dinner....

If you want one beck of a workout this seems like it will be it.

www.amazon.com/slp/insanity-workout/ho7swuc62tn3834

Trailer video very interesting must watch:
    https://youtu.be/Mx_AA1cUFwA

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I mentioned to my wife a few days ago that I'd like to loss ten pounds and be in better shape. She ordered Insanity DVD workout video set. Now I love this woman but man I DIDN'T like her after the first workout last night. This is self proclaimed hardest workout on DVD. I thought I was going to puke during and definitely after the workout. Thankfully I met my goal and kept my dinner....

That "Trailer" video was funny!

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville

Working out and being in shape is crazy talk. I love beating younger guys with flat bellies.

parkerj112

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.8%
    30   1   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    I am an educated, bearded redneck, MAN, I've never felt pretty. I just want to beat more people and help my wife get into the shape she (and me :rockwoot:) want her to be! I am equal oppurtunity, I'll be happy to beat you whether pretty, flat belly, old, Electrical Engineer or whatever. I even like beating limited and open guys running an $800 production gun. I don't care. :cool:

parkerj112

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.8%
    30   1   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    Too many places to post. I've been dryfiring and plan to LF tonight. Last week LF i worked a cool drill setup.

Try setting up a mini stage with mix of close and dist targets with some movement. Next put shot up targets on the fronts and clean ones on the back.

Goal: shoot the stage and only leave acceptable shots on each target at match pace. At end of run call each target before walking around looking at it.

Trains match mode vision and shot calling.

Try it out and report back. This was the closest to match vision and pressure I've been able to replicate in training.

PARKER

parkerj112

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.8%
    30   1   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    Crazy day.

Up at 0500 dry fire train speed mode for 36 minutes refinement and repetition drills.

Step in movement on each

Pars:

.6 free style draw

.6 surrender draw

.6 turn and draw (no movement just reg draw)

.6 Burkett drill

2.5 6 reload 6

2.5 6 reload 6 surrender start

2.5 el pres (no movement just reg draw)

Lunch 15 minutes of match mode drills.

Get a blue gun people, train at lunch. I work in a cube farm and still get some movement.

Evening:

Match mode drills on target arrays 20 minutes. Insanity workout for 40 minutes.

Top Bottom