• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • romack991

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    Thought I would make a separate thread in case this helps prevents lost scores at other clubs.

Besides Syncing during the match, there is an option to save a local score log. I've always enabled this when setting up the match on our master tablet. Since this setting was displayed on the match setup screen, I assumed this synced to the scoring devices. Apparently this is not the case and that setting needs to be enabled manually on each scoring device. Once enabled, it appears that it stays enabled when syncing new matches. So you may want to just double check your scoring devices to make sure the local log is enabled.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Thanks
    ive not used this feature, I just sync a couple times per stage.
    what does this do? as the name implies does it just save a backup on each tablet?
    so protects against a problem on the tablet like scores getting corrupted vs something like tablet getting smashed?
    -rvb

longbeard

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 15, 2013
    United States
    Thanks
    what does this do? as the name implies does it just save a backup on each tablet?
    so protects against a problem on the tablet like scores getting corrupted vs something like tablet getting smashed?
    -rvb
    This saves any changes to scores to a local log so that you can review any changes.

You've likely seen it in action before. You'll see a numeric indicator at the bottom of the score entry screen denoting the number of logs for the entry.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

romack991

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    This saves any changes to scores to a local log so that you can review any changes.

You've likely seen it in action before. You'll see a numeric indicator at the bottom of the score entry screen denoting the number of logs for the entry.

The change log is different than the local score log. Local score log acts sort of like a paper backup where it is saving all the scoring info in a text file. That way is there app memory gets erased or corrupt, you still have a record of it. (As long as the tablet still works).

longbeard

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 15, 2013
    United States
    The change log is different than the local score log. Local score log acts sort of like a paper backup where it is saving all the scoring info in a text file. That way is there app memory gets erased or corrupt, you still have a record of it. (As long as the tablet still works).
    Hmm. Guess I never made a distinction. Good to know.

romack991

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    Thanks
    -rvb

Creates a text file on the local machine and savings scoring information any time there is a change. One out of the five tablets we scored with had it enabled so reviewing the log, the info saved looks like the below. I don't know if you can re-import it automatically but even if you had to manually re-enter it, at least the scores are available.

2018-07-08 14:09:29.338 mmShooter_1476181
    Ornelas, Joe (L/Maj) Stage 7:Bay 5
    A:26 C:6 Time:19.81 HF:7.7739

2018-07-08 14:24:24.155 mmShooter_1476184
    Heiman, Tim (P/Min) Stage 7: Bay 5
    A:24 C:8 Time:18.64 HF:7.7253

Syncing often is still the best since the local log doesn't help if you were to loose the tablet completely. But with text files being so small, it's a no brainer to enable it as a backup. (The match log file for the squad was 4kb.)

Top Bottom