• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Looks like a lot of fun. Based on the video, if one wants to succeed at the competition, or even just be respectable at the local clubs, one had best load his own ammo. One would have to throw a lot of lead down range to become proficient.

Last edited:

AGarbers

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Martinsville
    Looks like a lot of fun. Based on the video, if one wants to succeed at the competition, or even just be respectable at the local clubs, one had best load disown ammo. One would have to throw a lot of lead down range to become proficient.

Most CAS shooters are also reloaders. In general, each full match of six stages requires 60 rifle and 60 pistol rounds. While accuracy is always good, the targets are extremely close and large. For most people, target acquisition and weapon transition are what slows them down. The fast shooters physically and mentally prep themselves on the best way to do a stage sequence. You'll even see some going through the motions before their turn, like someone playing air guitar. But, you don't win a thing. It's all for fun and bragging rights. While some shooters can clear a stage in 15 seconds, most take 45-80 seconds. It's all about fun, dressing the part, and being with like-minded friends. SASS's motto is "Come for the Shooting, Stay for the Friends." You will never find another group that wants you to succeed as bad as you want yourself to. If someone has a weapon malfunction, multiple people offer up their weapons so that the person having the issue can finish the match. If someone has a brain fart on how a stage should be shot, half the posse is shouting at them on what the next target should be. I had a high primer cause my pistol to keep skipping a round. It took me 300 seconds to complete the stage, but I shot it clean and I had almost everyone congratulate me on sticking with it and not giving up. I see you're from Ft. Wayne. I recommend getting with Michigan Slim on this forum and check out the Paradise Pass SASS range/town.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Looks like a lot of fun. Based on the video, if one wants to succeed at the competition, or even just be respectable at the local clubs, one had best load his own ammo. One would have to throw a lot of lead down range to become proficient.

Most CAS shooters are also reloaders. In general, each full match of six stages requires 60 rifle and 60 pistol rounds. While accuracy is always good, the targets are extremely close and large. For most people, target acquisition and weapon transition are what slows them down. The fast shooters physically and mentally prep themselves on the best way to do a stage sequence. You'll even see some going through the motions before their turn, like someone playing air guitar. But, you don't win a thing. It's all for fun and bragging rights. While some shooters can clear a stage in 15 seconds, most take 45-80 seconds. It's all about fun, dressing the part, and being with like-minded friends. SASS's motto is "Come for the Shooting, Stay for the Friends." You will never find another group that wants you to succeed as bad as you want yourself to. If someone has a weapon malfunction, multiple people offer up their weapons so that the person having the issue can finish the match. If someone has a brain fart on how a stage should be shot, half the posse is shouting at them on what the next target should be. I had a high primer cause my pistol to keep skipping a round. It took me 300 seconds to complete the stage, but I shot it clean and I had almost everyone congratulate me on sticking with it and not giving up. I see you're from Ft. Wayne. I recommend getting with Michigan Slim on this forum and check out the Paradise Pass SASS range/town.

I will look into it when I finish my next camping trip. I do not reload, though; so it may not be in the cards for me.

Top Bottom