The ACC Steel Match will be DIFFERENT this month . . . RimFire Challenge style.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • G7.

SteelShooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    WYOMING; SOMEDAY...
    The ACC Steel Match this month will be DIFFERENT from normal !!! This one will be in the style of Rimfire Challenge / NSSF / Ruger Rimfire matches. 2 guns chambered for 22LR will be used by each competitor; one rifle and one pistol. If EITHER gun (or BOTH guns) has an OPTIC sight, you will shoot in the OPEN division. If BOTH guns have iron/fiber sights, you will shoot in the LIMITED Division.

This is regular club match; not a sanctioned match.

Register at ::
    https://practiscore.com/acc-rcsa-8-18-2018/register

If you will be registering 2 or more entries, close PractiScore after entering the first; reopen a new PS link; and use a different e-mail for subsequent entries.

If you have a hand clay-bird-throwing arm thing, please bring it. (Alternate use… to hold timers slightly closer to rifle muzzles…)

Same pricing as SCSA monthly matches ::
    $20 regular
    $15 for ACC members with member #
    $10 for women
    $5 for ACC women (this match…)
    $0 for RO’s and Juniors with paid adult entry

The match will be on Saturday the 18th of August.
    Times will be ::
    8:00 set-up
    9:00 -- 9:45 sign-in
    10:00 safety meeting

Chamber Flags required
    Bags encouraged
    If you do use a cart for your rifle, the gun must be very secure, with the muzzle pointed straight UP; and FLAGGED. Bring cart to the start position.
    Holster / Sling not necessary, but not prohibited (though rifles will need to be carried around in a bag or cart, not slung...)
    On Magazines :: 5 is the minimum for PISTOL for a stress-free day; 6 or 7 is better. Max Capacity = 10+1
    For the rifles, 5 mags if you use 10-round rotary mags; 2 or 3 if you use the banana mags.

The Match Directors (Mac & Zoey B.) are planning 6 stages; each shot with BOTH guns. Best 4 of 5 strings, like SCSA.
    Minimum round count then would be 6*2*5*5=300 for both guns. PLUS any missed shots --> bring 500 + ??? (Maximum RC = 6*2*5*11=660)

General rules followed will be the RCSA. SCSA rules for anything not covered by the RCSA book.

6 squads; with RO’s traveling with the squad like a normal Steel Match.

Thx !

G7.

SteelShooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    WYOMING; SOMEDAY...
    My calculations of minimum and maximum round counts are off by a factor of 2. (1 gun per stage, not 2...) Also some stages have 6 or 7 plates, not just 5.
    Corrected minimum = 6*1*5*7=210
    Corrected maximum = 6*1*5*11=330

Tom E

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2014
    SE WI
    My calculations of minimum and maximum round counts are off by a factor of 2. (1 gun per stage, not 2...) Also some stages have 6 or 7 plates, not just 5.
    Corrected minimum = 6*1*5*7=210
    Corrected maximum = 6*1*5*11=330
    So, we're NOT shooting each stage with pistol AND rifle? We're shooting 3 stages with pistol only and 3 stages with rifle only? I need to know as that scenario is not worth driving down to shoot. Sounds like I need to cancel a motel reservation.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    So, we're NOT shooting each stage with pistol AND rifle? We're shooting 3 stages with pistol only and 3 stages with rifle only? I need to know as that scenario is not worth driving down to shoot. Sounds like I need to cancel a motel reservation.

I didn't catch that part, only 1 gun per stage, didn't pay attention to the round count. Bummer, but will make for a shorter match.

Last edited:

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree

Still over a 500 rd day. I don't think you'll be competitive anyway. :rolleyes::lol2::draw::draw:

Tom E

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2014
    SE WI
    Still over a 500 rd day. I don't think you'll be competitive anyway. :rolleyes::lol2::draw::draw:
    Don't know how you figure that. 6 stages x 5 strings with a max of 11 rds per string. If you miss enough to shoot all 11 rds EVERY string that's 330 rds. If all 6 stages had 7 plates it would be 210 rds minimum.

For me, that's not worth making a 600 mile round trip and spending a night in a Kokomo motel. 6 stages, shooting each stage with pistol AND rifle was worthwhile. If I lived nearby I'd be there shooting but that's not the case.

MCF&G next weekend. Fri Nite Steel and Bowling pins Saturday morning, weather permitting.

Last edited:

G7.

SteelShooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    WYOMING; SOMEDAY...
    (2) 22LR guns still needed. 1 rifle; 1 pistol. 3 rifle ONLY stages; 3 pistol ONLY stages. (I had it wrong when I was figuring out max and min round counts...)
    330 maximum, unless you enter BOTH Open and Limited divisions, then 660 max.

Tom E

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2014
    SE WI
    Well took the reddots off both guns, long time since shooting irons sight.
    Doing that reminds me why I put the red dots on.
    My red dot guns get shot. My iron sight guns seem to stay in their cases. Old eyes to go with all the other "old" ailments...

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    The boss is not well so staying home, guess the reddot gods are punishing me for daring to shoot iron sights with old eyes. Everyone have fun and be safe.

Top Bottom