• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    The Bedford Contingent Gun Range will be hosting a CMP sanctioned Rimfire Sporter match Saturday September 29th.

Rimfire Sporter is shot with ordinary .22lr that weight less than 7.5lbs and who's trigger can lift 3lbs. There are three classes; scoped, open sights and tactical, which may be scoped or open sighted. Open sights are leaf sights. Aperture sights will be placed in the scoped class. No shooting coats or specialized shooting gloves are allowed. Scopes are limited to 6X power and can not be changed during competition. Slings may be used in prone and seated, but not standing. No other type of support is allowed. CMP rules 8.2.1 through 8.6.8 apply. Complete rules can be found at http://thecmp.org/competitions/cmp-competitions-rulebooks/

Course of Fire is
    10 shots slow prone at 50 yards in ten minutes
    10 shots rapid prone at 50 yards, two strings of five in 25/30 seconds depending on bolt/semi action
    10 shots slow seated at 50 yards in ten minutes
    10 shots rapid prone at 50 yards, two strings of five shots in 25/30 seconds depending on bolt/semi action
    10 shots slow standing at 25 yards in ten minutes
    10shots rapid prone at 25 yards, two strings of five shots in 25/30 seconds depending on bolt/semi action

Two relays will be ran. Relay 1 starts at 9 and relay 2 will start at 11. Pre-registration is required by emailing Rayne@ReveresRiders.org. Indicate which relay you would like to shoot in and which class your rifle is. I will verify that there is room in that relay and register you. You may enter more than one relay. Cost is $10 per relay.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    So bathroom scale has my rifle close to 7.5lbs, if I'm over can I still shoot, don't care about prizes or badges, just want to try this out and it close to Indy (relative)

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I just saw this myself. I'll be there but I'm not sure if I can make the early relay yet. Any chance for sighters?

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Grr, my 455 is too heavy. Well over 8lb.

I could always put the stiffer spring in the trigger to bring it up from the 1.5#.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    So bathroom scale has my rifle close to 7.5lbs, if I'm over can I still shoot, don't care about prizes or badges, just want to try this out and it close to Indy (relative)

Yes, if you are close, you can shoot. I do not have a "certified" scales for verify weights or trigger pulls. We are trying our hardest to play by the rules, but want people to come try this sport. It's a lot of fun and lets you dip your toe into the competition world without a lot of expense. So come on out and try it.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    I just saw this myself. I'll be there but I'm not sure if I can make the early relay yet. Any chance for sighters?

There will be a five to ten minute sighting period before each relay. Rule book says five minutes, but at Perry they gave you ten minutes. We'll probably go with ten and call it early if everyone has their sighters done before the ten minutes are up.

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    I would love to be there, but have another commitment.
    If that falls apart, I may show up unannounced even if there's no chance for participation.

Been trying to get some other people in this neck of the woods to try exactly this kind of event. (doesn't need to be official to be beneficial)

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    I would love to be there, but have another commitment.
    If that falls apart, I may show up unannounced even if there's no chance for participation.

Been trying to get some other people in this neck of the woods to try exactly this kind of event. (doesn't need to be official to be beneficial)

If there is room in the relay, you may participate. The reason for preregistration is so we don't have 20 people show up for relay one and 5 of them have to wait two hours for relay 2. If you preregister your spot on the line is reserved.

hammerd13

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 20, 2015
    Hamilton County
    Thanks Rayne, AJ, Chili, and everyone else that competed this weekend! I really enjoyed it. It was an absolute pleasure shooting on a line filled with fantastic folks.

The Bedford Contingent is a super-nice facility. 3rd time I'd been there and Chili keeps it well-maintained, clean, safe, and comfortable without fail. The CMP Rimfire Sporter is a VERY cost-effective way to compete in a rifle sport. I really appreciate those that work to put these together and make it fun/competitive for all. Can't wait for the next opportunity...you should try it!

Last edited:

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    Congratulations goes to you HammerD13 for your gold and silver standard scores this weekend. You sure shot well, not let's figure out what changes when you get to Perry. Sure would be nice to have a bunch of Hoosiers bring home all the goodies next year.

We will be having another Rimfire Sporter Match on October 27th. Only one relay at 10am will be run with the maximum number of shooters set at 20. Preregistration isn't necessary but if you preregister it will guarantee you a spot on the line. Come join the fun, test your skills and dip your toe into competitive shooting.

Below are the results.

View attachment 70644

Last edited:
    Top Bottom