• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    Our match scheduled for Sept 29 will include some stages common to PRS (as seen on TV) format. What remains is our basic principle that guns with 2 MOA accuracy will hit targets, and shooters will still fire from prone with bipod (or soft filled daypack) or from bench if physically challenged (honor system). This promises to be a fun match, round count over 100 shots. Expect to be on site 4hours or a bit more. Distances will include 75y, 100y, 110y, 165y, 200y. This is a one of a kind match that will not be part of our regular events. All shooters will be lumped in the same class for this event. Lewis class style payback still applies. The time limit challenges have been increased marginally for some stages, simply because they are easy to attain.

We hope you will attend.

Sighters will be taken as you prepare to shoot your first stage.
    Entry fee $20.00 Yes, we plan on some special awards.
    Stand alone Junior- $15.00
    Junior with paid adult- $10.00

10:30am- first shots for sighters & score.

This promises to be a fun match, with a target array and challenges unlike anything else offered in the Illiana area. Please plan to attend. Advance signup notice is appreciated. See additional posts for additional info.

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    Sept 29, 2018
    Target array & format

Stage 1
    5 shots at 100y, 5 shots at 75y. Time: 4 min
    10 shots at 110 y. Time: 4 min

Stage 2
    165y KYL (Know Your Limit) 5 targets in descending size. 4 minutes or 15 shots, whichever comes first. 15 point possible max score.
    200y- 1 shot each at 5 odd shaped targets. Repeat. 10 shots in 4 minutes.

Stage 3
    110y- 5 shots at swinger
    165y- 5 shots at odd shaped targets. Total= 10 shots in 4 minutes

110y- 5 shots at knockdown
    165y- One shot each at 5 odd shaped targets. (see above). Total= 10 shots in 4 minutes

Stage 4
    “Call the shot”
    RO will announce target & distance. Shooter will have 30 seconds to acquire correct target at one of three distances…..110y, 165y, 200y and fire. New target will be called every 30 seconds. 8 shots in 4 minutes.

Repeat. Targets may vary in color.

Stage 5
    200y KYL (Know Your Limit) 5 targets in descending size. 4 minutes or 15 shots, whichever comes first. 15 point possible max score.

Repeat.

Note: This is important, so you better read it……KYL stages will allow shooters to miss and start over within the 4 minute period. Targets will have significantly increasing value. When the shooter scores a miss, their score will go to zero but shooter can start over. The incentive is to go for a higher point value target. At some point, shooter will either run out of time or run out of shots. Shooter must decide when to stop, or risk losing all points. 15 shot max prevents semi-auto from having significant advantage over bolt guns.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Ok, Friday Night Math is not my thing (Friday night Killians is my thing), so bear with me. On the 200 KYL, how is there 15 points possible max score, if you have 15 shots available? (I assume the possible scoring for 5 targets is 1+2+3+4+5 = 15). I mean, I know it's not very likely that somebody cleans the rack, scores all the points, then starts over again with avarice in their heart...but math is about possibilities, and is it not technically possible?

Hey, I think about these things.

Sounds fun Rich.

(But I cannot possibly be expected to shoot this without a new scope).

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    Sorry about that. To clarify, you have 4 minutes to fire up to 15 shots. You can stop anytime you have a score you're happy with. With 4 minutes and 15 rounds available, you'd be crazy to stop after 3 shots. The ample time allows you to "go for it". On the other hand, if you screw up a restart, you may regret it. So..."do you feel lucky? Well, do you?"

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    The closest spin-off from PRS series is the KYL (know your limits) stage. Even that, I modified to 4 minutes or 15 shots maximum. Another stage uses odd shaped targets that we haven't used. Carly & Tanner busted me today setting up the range so that had a crack at the targets.
    I'll set up the range about 4pm Fri. All help is appreciated and practice will follow.
    One note, there will be no targets at 100 yards. Just too hard to put out that stage without an excess of work.

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    The "Call the Shot" stage is the one that we'll just roll with when it happens. You have 30 seconds to find the target & shoot it.
    Hey, it'll be fun....

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    I cannot go but marked for future reference. I didn't even know the "Precision rifle series" was a thing. Love the concept!

Me neither...I had no idea where the "KYL" gimmick originated. I thought it was just a YouTube thing invented by some club out west because a straight up shooting match wasn't sexy enough. But it's on TeeVee...interesting.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I was hoping tomorrow would be my second match (especially because of the format), but I won't be there. I'm fiscal conservation mode and all of my "free" time is being consumed with my 2nd job (soon to be only job), calculus II homework and preparing for a quiz next week and the midterm the following week, and studying project management. As soon as my primary job is kaput, I'll have plenty of time, but still be in fiscal conservation.

Top Bottom