• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Thinking about running a MONTHLY Texas Star match at MCFG. Not sure if we want to run it on a Friday night, Sat am/pm, or possible weekday evening. Looking for input and who would be interested and some ideas.

Any input,ideas, suggestions are welcomed. GO!!

If you have never shot a Texas Star these are an extreme amount of fun.

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Yes valid point it does! maybe thru the summer months those that like to shoot Star will still be able to get their fix! :):

browndog2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    or, consider a seasonal change to plate racks, or bowling pins could go with plate racks and keep the star match consistant all year.

DIRTROAD

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    I do like the ideal of a Texas star match or a plate rack match maybe have it on the first Saturday of the month so it does not interfere with Friday night still or bowling pin match, the club would have to pick up another plate rack to do the plate rack match so maybe the Texas star match could help pay for it?

Don Parks

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2008
    I like the idea! With four stars you could run carbines on a set and pistols on another. Just my two cents.

E7Wrangler

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2016
    Central
    I am very interested. My two cent ideas:

Do a Friday night or other weeknight (not interfering with FNS of course) rather than a Saturday morning. There are lots of other shoots on Sat mornings.

Combine the stars and plate racks, i.e. Each shooter cleans a star and a plate rack (or half a plate rack if there is only one). Plate rack takes very little effort to reset so still moves quickly but you get to shoot more.

Incorporate a mag change or better yet allow a transition to a second gun (PCC or shotgun) from the table/barrel.

Consider allowing single action pistols and or lever action rifles (pistol caliber of course).

I am interested regardless, just some ideas.

E7Wrangler

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2016
    Central
    I do like the ideal of a Texas star match or a plate rack match maybe have it on the first Saturday of the month so it does not interfere with Friday night still or bowling pin match, the club would have to pick up another plate rack to do the plate rack match so maybe the Texas star match could help pay for it?

Plate rack match would be super easy. Easy set up and take down. Resets with no downrange movement except for the crossed stop plates.

cmann250

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 2, 2018
    Land of 300bu corn
    The benefit of a Friday night or Saturday is you’ll draw out-of-towners.

Other than that, I know I could use some plate rack practice and that Texas Star was FUN at FNS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cloner

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2018
    Pittsboro
    All for it. Just figure out a way the carry optic guys can play along with the PCC guys. I thought MCFG was getting a second plate rack anyway????

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    I've never really cared what people bring to shoot, we arent shooting for a trophy,gun, or car we are just having fun. We have adapted to optics for bowling pin and we'll adapt for this Texas Star match. I always liked beating the brakes off of guys with optics.:):

Reece

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2018
    Connersville
    I've never really cared what people bring to shoot, we arent shooting for a trophy,gun, or car we are just having fun. We have adapted to optics for bowling pin and we'll adapt for this Texas Star match. I always liked beating the brakes off of guys with optics.:):

Lol, what about spinning target?

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Only thing about a week night,, I don't know if many outside of Indy area will show up. We wont be able to satisfy everyone that is why I have posted this thread to get an idea.

Going to attend and propose this to the board at the next MCFG board meeting, 10/02/18 I will listen and take recommendation from them on dates and times for these matches. Could be one freezing cold inaugural Texas Star match.

Until then, keep your thoughts, ideas and concerns coming in this thread.

Top Bottom