• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    Our Oct 20 match will be our final event for the year, unless we have a really good weather forecast for November 10.

This month the format will be as we shot in July & August, namely, 20 shots (in 10 minutes) straight thru at each of three distances. Standard class will shoot at 75, 110, and 165 yards, Master class will shoot at 110, 165, and 200 yards. Should be some good scores fired under this format. Shooters will be allowed 2 minutes for sighters just prior to each new distance. Lewis class payback.

Please note, we're gonna start at 11am because I like to sleep late.

October 20, 2018
    Riley Conservation Club
    Registration until 10:30
    10:45 Shooters meeting
    11:00 shoot for score

Adults $15
    Stand alone juniors $10
    Juniors with paid adult- free

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    This month's format is the simplest we offer and most forgiving. If you want to run a second gun or don't quite have dead nuts scope settings, this is the match to attend.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Dang it, I'm iffy on this one. My brother is back to mobilize and move out of state this week. I may get sucked into that?

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    At this writing, I have every intent to run 3 guns, maybe 4. I even have a Ruger Charger with a 16x scope on it. I may have an entire squad composed of me, myself, I, and a couple of invisible spinoffs...hey, there's no rule against it....

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    Setup will be this Friday about 4pm, practice to immediately follow. 75 yard targets will be 1/5 scale chickens and 1.375" bolt heads. I made up some hanger stems that have a hinge in the middle. The target goes back and has a delayed effect on the stem that hangs from the rack. A little disjointed reaction, when you hit it, it looks like a string puppet having a spasm attack. This format allows us to run 6 shooters at a time.

jeffsqartan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    I'm finally gonna make it back out tomorrow. This year has sucked for weekends lol
    Anyway, did some testing on Sunday with my 10/22. Sighted in my 3-9x scope at 100yds and was putting out roughly 1.5" groups at 100yds with just some Federal Premium Target. Hoping to do well tomorrow, though I know that scope is going to be a bit of a limiting factor. Might bring out my 4-16x just in case I'm not feeling comfortable.

What's the earliest we can get there? I'd like to take about 30 minutes to test/change my setup before the match.

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    What's the earliest we can get there? I'd like to take about 30 minutes to test/change my setup before the match.[/QUOTE]

We don't handle rifles on the firing line prior to shooting, we always have last minute target prep. But you can go down to bay 7 and work out position or bipod issues.

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    Dunno how I got the date mixed up here, but that's on me.
    Hope you all shot well, I had a blast shooting pistol pop-ups @ Atterbury & then sucked it trying to shoot rifle pop-ups in those gusty winds.

Maybe I'll catch one of these next year, unless we can brave the elements before spring.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Thanks Rich and Riley crew, I had a great time at my first .22 rifle long range match.
    Match ran like a well oiled machine.
    Thanks again.

We had a good squad going and it was loads of fun. Hope to see you next year. That was some fast shooting on your part.

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    With that wind, how much windage did you have to favor when it was really blowing?

The wind was squirrelly and seemed to come from all directions with some serious velocity. At one point when I was painting targets, I held the paint can 3" from the target and NONE of the spray was hitting it. Littlrat shot phenomenally well, I should have results available later today. As for myself, I couldn't buy a target at 110. The only string I ran at 200 was when the wind faded a bit and I ran the bolt as fast as I could.

Top Bottom