• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gopher

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Zionsville, IN
    The 2nd Annual Marty Brown Memorial Rifle Match is coming up next month. Marty was an instructor who battled cancer for years and finally succumbed 2 years ago; you can read more about her in the match listing. This is a "known distance" rifle match where you will be shooting the Revere's Riders "Rifle Qualification Test" at 100 to 400 yards (the same range as the NRA used for this year's High Power matches). You will shoot AQTs for half the day and run the target pits the other half. You should know your rifle and how to "dial" for distance. There will be NO instruction.

New this year will be two traveling trophies!

There will be a "High Score" trophy for the match winner as well as a "Tactifail" trophy for the person who puts the most useless crap on their rifle (if you win the match with all the crap on the rifle, even better!). Both trophies will have brass plaques for each year's winner; you will be required to bring the trophy back to the 3rd Annual Marty Brown Memorial Rifle Match in 2019 (or we WILL hunt you down!). The finishing touches are being put on these as we speak and I will post photos as soon as I have them.

Match details and tickets can be purchased on the Revere's Riders website: 2nd Annual Marty Brown Memorial Rifle Match (Camp Atterbury, IN)

gopher

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Zionsville, IN
    IMPORTANT NOTE: you must purchase your tickets by 5pm on 10/27.

This is just 2 weeks away. Get your tickets now while it's on your mind and avoid accidentally having the ticket deadline pass. Due to Camp Atterbury regulations, we MUST provide the base a list of event participants beforehand; we can NOT sell tickets past 10/27.

gopher

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Zionsville, IN
    Here's a photo of the almost completed "Tactifail" traveling trophy (you get to keep it for 1 year and your name is added to a brass plaque on the trophy itself). This trophy would look FANTASTIC in anyone's home!
    marty_brown_tactifail_trophy_small.jpg
    There will also be a "High Score" traveling trophy for the match winner. That trophy is nearing completion as we speak and I will share a photo of it as soon as I have one.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    There will be a new match champion this year as I'll not be able to participate. :(

gopher

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Zionsville, IN
    Deadline for ticket purchase is this Saturday Oct. 27th at 5pm! This is due to the requirement of getting participant information to Camp Atterbury prior to the event. Get your ticket today and don't miss out on an opportunity to win one of the two custom made trophies that are new for this year (see above post for one of the trophies; photos should be available soon for the second trophy).

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    It's going to be down to the wire. Daughters marching band state finals today, awards announced at 4:15 where we find out if season is done or if we play at Lucas Oil Nov. 3rd. I'll have a 30 minute window to register at best.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    It's going to be down to the wire. Daughters marching band state finals today, awards announced at 4:15 where we find out if season is done or if we play at Lucas Oil Nov. 3rd. I'll have a 30 minute window to register at best.

Well Doc made in under the wire to register and he walked away with the trophy for high score! Very nicely done Doc. Congratulations on some great shooting. It was a pleasure shooting next to you today. I know lots of people took pictures this weekend, but I wasn't one of them. Someone post up the picture of Doc with his trophy that has one.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Well Doc made in under the wire to register and he walked away with the trophy for high score! Very nicely done Doc. Congratulations on some great shooting. It was a pleasure shooting next to you today. I know lots of people took pictures this weekend, but I wasn't one of them. Someone post up the picture of Doc with his trophy that has one.

I'm not just being nice here, it needs to be said that you are almost certainly the actual winner of this if it were not for (what had to be) a scoring error. If you give Rayne several minutes to shoot 10 rds at 400yds she's going to get all 10 in. Statistically it is more likely you had 2 in 1 hole than only 9 holes in the target.

Regarding pictures: I saw a second wave of pic uploads since you posted this. I could not have been less photogenic. I have some serious weight to lose.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    I'm not just being nice here, it needs to be said that you are almost certainly the actual winner of this if it were not for (what had to be) a scoring error. If you give Rayne several minutes to shoot 10 rds at 400yds she's going to get all 10 in. Statistically it is more likely you had 2 in 1 hole than only 9 holes in the target.

Regarding pictures: I saw a second wave of pic uploads since you posted this. I could not have been less photogenic. I have some serious weight to lose.

No Doc, I concede to you. You had the winning score and more X's than I did. You shot well and are deserving of the title. I'm happy to know that Marty's trophy will be displayed publicly at your office. This will bring awareness to Marty's life as an instructor and all around generous, caring and lovely person that she was.

Here is the picture of Doc and the trophy. Not the sign, the barreled plaque on the top.
    View attachment 71648

Last edited:
    Top Bottom