• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FreeLand

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Sep 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Marion County Fish and Game's Bowling Pin/Texas Star Match will be this Saturday, October 27nd at 9 AM. Setup will begin at 8:15 AM and we would appreciate the help of some volunteers. The Safety Meeting (required for new shooters) will be at 8:45 AM to explain the rules. At 9:00 AM, we will begin shooting.

Current forecast looks too cold for bowling pins. However, suggest you bring ammo and choice of firearms to shoot both.

REMINDER!
    The MCF&G board has decided that we can no longer leave the gate open during the match. If you are a non-member, you will need to arrive between 8:00 AM and 8:50 AM. At approximately 8:50 AM we will close the gate. This is necessary because non-members have been coming onto the property during public matches and shooting without being accompanied by a MCF&G member. Non-members are still welcome and encouraged to shoot this match. However, the public is NOT allowed to use other parts of the range for free and unaccompanied by a MCF&G member.

If the weather isn’t cooperating, the match may need to be canceled. I will try to send an e-mail and post an announcement in the Shooting Sports section of www.ingunowners.com by 7:00 AM if it is obvious the weather isn’t going to cooperate.

The cost is $3 per bracket for club members and $4 per bracket for non-members. All money goes toward the club and/or making the competition better. Youth (under the age of 18) shoot free with a paid adult.

Bowling Pin Shooting is conducted under a COLD RANGE. That means all guns must be holstered (or bagged) at all times, unloaded, hammer down, with no magazine inserted. You may only handle your gun at the direction of a range officer (RO), or at the designated "safe table". Violation of this or any other safety rule shall result in a match disqualification.

If you have any questions about the match, please read the rules posted at: MCFG - Indy Range Official Website - Shotgun, Pistol, Shooting Range (look under "Programs and Events" > "Bowling Pins") If you are unable to find an answer posted in the rules, please feel free to e-mail me.

If you are willing to help as an RO or help keep score, that would be greatly appreciated.

Hope you can make it Saturday.

~John

BowlingPinShooting@gmail.com

browndog2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Lows on Saturday morning are predicted to be in the low 40's (41).
    Thats pin shattering temperature. We'd go through alot of pins.
    Its John's call, but I bet all of DonB's money that we'll be shooting the Texas Stars.
    But I'm wrong alot.

Cloner

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2018
    Pittsboro
    John/HPS,
    Can we shoot carry optic pistols this weekend for TX star? I know there was talk last year allowing them. HPS was leaning towards letting them run in the "new" TX Star match he is running. Just want to know if I can shoot this weekend as I'm now 100% carry optic.

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    John/HPS,
    Can we shoot carry optic pistols this weekend for TX star? I know there was talk last year allowing them. HPS was leaning towards letting them run in the "new" TX Star match he is running. Just want to know if I can shoot this weekend as I'm now 100% carry optic.
    Cloner, It doesnt matter to me what anyone shoots, as stated its all in fun. Now i'm just speaking for myself others could have an issue with this. I love beating the breaks off of guys with optics! I talk trash also, all in fun!!

Reece

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2018
    Connersville
    Cloner, It doesnt matter to me what anyone shoots, as stated its all in fun. Now i'm just speaking for myself others could have an issue with this. I love beating the breaks off of guys with optics! I talk trash also, all in fun!!

I would never have thought that about you!

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Lows on Saturday morning are predicted to be in the low 40's (41).
    Thats pin shattering temperature. We'd go through alot of pins.
    Its John's call, but I bet all of DonB's money that we'll be shooting the Texas Stars.
    But I'm wrong alot.
    Don won't be there, so you have to pick on someone else.

browndog2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    singlesix,
    DonB told me you were his "someone else", but its so close to haloween, that scares me.

FreeLand

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Sep 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    John/HPS,

If you can bring one with and one without, that would be best. I had some ideas on how to handicap the TX Star, but haven't gotten around to purchasing the extra targets. I know HPS doesn't think it matters, but I'm not sure everyone feels that way. So if you'll indulge us we may try having you shoot your carry optic with and without a handicap in place and see how you and the other competitors feel about it.

browndog2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    42 degrees and dry - good shooting
    42 degrees and rain - miserable

Hope its dry tomorrow morning

browndog2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    to whoever brought the donuts - thank you.

The one person who saw the donut donator did not recognize him.
    Apparently he left to go back home to pick up forgotten ammo.

If you let us know who you are, maybe we can buy you donuts sometime.

Thanks to everyone who came out to shoot the Texas Stars.
    And thanks again for the donuts.

DIRTROAD

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Thanks to the people who makes this happen , had a good time shooting and yes thanks for the donuts

Top Bottom