Any r.o. training planned for Indiana this winter?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Every great once in a while somebody will ask.

Don't know if there are enough newer shooters with a desire to learn & to help in order to fill a class, (seems like you need 20?) but was nosy.

SEdington

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2018
    Seymour
    I have been wondering about this as well. I haven’t been able to find any courses in this area but I would attend if a course were offered within 250 mile driving distance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7920drew

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 17, 2014
    Lafayette, IN
    Nothing is set up as of now, that I’m aware of in Indiana so far. On an unrelated note, there has been some talk of organizing a junior camp for the 2019 summer months. We haven’t publicly addressed it yet but anyone reading this keep an eye out for potentially interested Junior USPSA shooters. More information will likely follow as we start making concrete plans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

IsThatLegal?

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 11, 2017
    Whitestown
    I would be interested in attending an RO class in the area if one gets scheduled. If anyone else is interested, please chime in so we can see how many are interested.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I have some editorial comments about RO training after 9 days of nationals. But I will just keep it to myself.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Silver Creek Conservation Club will host a RO seminar in January or February 2019 provided pre seminar commitment totals 20+. Fee will be $60.

You are a generous individual. I could post something to the Owensboro club Facebook page & get Gary W. to send it out to his distribution list if things get to the point to where there is a person or place on the net to contact.

I have some editorial comments about RO training after 9 days of nationals. But I will just keep it to myself.

Drink a few beers, start a new thread, that is what I do :) .

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    You are a generous individual. I could post something to the Owensboro club Facebook page & get Gary W. to send it out to his distribution list if things get to the point to where there is a person or place on the net to contact.

Drink a few beers, start a new thread, that is what I do :) .

I have always liked your style.

IsThatLegal?

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 11, 2017
    Whitestown

Overall, I was impressed by the RO staff at Nationals. They worked long days. Although I did get a little concerned on the first day, on the first stage, when the RO started out by calling all head shots Alphas "because they did away with the B zone". Our squad suggested otherwise and it was quickly corrected. I witnessed multiple occasions when shooters (and parents of shooters) let egos and/or stupidity get the best of them without merit when dealing with ROs. My guess was that they had probably never RO'd themselves or they were just the kind of people that always act that way. There wasnt a lot of it, but it is never appreciated and is not good for the sport. ROs had long hard days the 3 days I shot. They were lucky if they got to eat lunch due to time constraints.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Every great once in a while somebody will ask.

Don't know if there are enough newer shooters with a desire to learn & to help in order to fill a class, (seems like you need 20?) but was nosy.

according to the redbrush newsletter there's a nra range officer class on Saturday November 24th at westside sportsmans club (west side of Evansville)

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County

I was concerned by a few things that I witnessed, It was difficult to remain silent during those events. I followed RO rule #1 and voiced my concerns at a later more appropriate time.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ryandeleeuw340
    Top Bottom