• ...and so much more!
  • Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Registered for flight 1. What's the round count, and do you draw from concealment at these matches?

No hot guns off the line, correct?

longbeard

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 15, 2013
    United States
    Registered for flight 1. What's the round count, and do you draw from concealment at these matches?

Likely less than 100 rounds indoors. My policy is to bring double the round count. Too much effort involved to get to a match to run out of ammo.

Drawing from concealment is allowed in the open and limited divisions, but most are using drop offset holsters of some sort as USPSA is a speed game. Pretty rare you see anyone drawing from concealment once they participate regularly. You will also need some mag pouches to reload from.

No hot guns off the line, correct?
    Correct. USPSA is conduced under a cold range. You may not have a loaded gun on the range during the match. You may only handle your gun at the designated safe area or at the make ready under the command of the RO. Ammunition is not allowed in the safe areas, but you may load your magazines anywhere besides the safe area at any time.

Plenty of people there to help you out. Have fun!

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Thanks. I'm a vet of the carry gun matches, but I just wanted to cover a few of the big differences.

Top Bottom