Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

User Info Menu

My TP9FSX came with Warren Tactical sights, plain black rear and a small red fiber for the front. I had a lot of trouble picking up the small red fiber so I replaced it with a Hi-Viz green with a larger fiber.
    LIBERALISM IS A MENTAL ILLNESS

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by chezuki View Post

A bright dot anywhere on the rear sight makes me crazy when I am trying to shoot accurately at my best speed (not that fast, I'm 62 and with my vision it is best if my r.o. does not wear a brown shirt).
    With narrow fronts the timer says I am apparently not any faster, and I have a bad habit of shooting when the front is at the correct level with the posts but not adequately centered for difficult shots.

Young fast guys like the narrow fronts though.

I think is is worth trying a fat fiber sight & then trying a skinny based on results or impressions, or vice versa. As I recall for a G19 it is like crazy easy to swap fronts. Other thing, for EDC, skinny fronts are more likely to break if you bump them.
    In a perfect world liberals would taste good and be easy to field dress.

User Info Menu

I've shot some USPSA matches but I'm certainly not an "experienced" USPSA shooter. I have shot in all the Carry Matches and I've found the fiber optic front and black rear suits me best. I have a .125 Dawson precision front with a U shaped rear that's wide enough I see plenty of light on either side of the front site. After trying several setups, even optics, this setup seems to get me on target as quickly as anything.
    If you want a quick cost effective fix reverse the rear sight and put a little orange fingernail polish over the white dot on the front. It's not nearly as effective as the fiber optic but it will give you an idea of how well you might see the setup without spending much $$$.
    NRA Life Member / Basic Pistol instructor / RSO

"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard"
    Unnamed Navy Seal

“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public”

Any man can make mistakes but only and idiot persists in his error.. Cicero 200 BC

rvb

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sporter View Post
    Taran Tactical.

Done.
    +1

Warren/sevigny's a close second

-rvb
    Ryan V. B. TY56060 Come shoot USPSA w Ft Wayne Area Practical Shooters: www.facebook.com/fwuspsa

Plinker

User Info Menu

My G19 EDC has Glock tritium sights and has served me well in the variety of conditions it could be employed. I used it in that configuration for my first year shooting USPSA. The front sight is too wide for my preference shooting matches. the tritium is not bright enough on a sunny day to make any difference. If your front sight focus is good I don’t think the rear matters much. I could see three tritium dots getting confused at night with a poor index.

My current production gun, a G34 I use Taran tactical sight. I have also used the Warren/Sevigney on a G17. Both work well for me.

Plinker

User Info Menu

I am currently running CZ stock tritium sights on my production gun.(came that way). Outdoors the front sight is easily lost due to it being too wide. Indoors there is usually enough to light you can’t see glow but not enough to see white outline. I am changing to a .090 front fiber and a .125 rear notch. I run that on my 1911 and can see well in 90% of lighting conditions I shoot in

Plinker

User Info Menu

I shoot steel challenge, not uspsa, and don't carry my g34. That said, I used a sharpie to black out the factory rear sight and put a thirty dollar hyviz fiber optic out front. I prefer red to green, sometimes green washes out in the sunlight. Works for me!

rvb

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gingerbeardman View Post
    I shoot steel challenge, not uspsa, and don't carry my g34. That said, I used a sharpie to black out the factory rear sight and put a thirty dollar hyviz fiber optic out front. I prefer red to green, sometimes green washes out in the sunlight. Works for me!
    I would rather shoot with no sights than use the factory adjustable sights that come on the g34. Uneven tops, light coming around the adjustable insert in the middle of the rear posts, almost no light around the factory front post.... Total crap.

i kept them on for a while because I had so many problems with the gen 3 34s, kept having to send them back to Glock. When I finally got them running right, I switched out the sights and the diffence in accuracy at speed was tremendous.

I hope all my competition uses them....

-rvb
    Ryan V. B. TY56060 Come shoot USPSA w Ft Wayne Area Practical Shooters: www.facebook.com/fwuspsa

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rvb View Post
    I would rather shoot with no sights than use the factory adjustable sights that come on the g34. Uneven tops, light coming around the adjustable insert in the middle of the rear posts, almost no light around the factory front post.... Total crap.

i kept them on for a while because I had so many problems with the gen 3 34s, kept having to send them back to Glock. When I finally got them running right, I switched out the sights and the diffence in accuracy at speed was tremendous.

I hope all my competition uses them....

-rvb
    blaspheme, glocks are the best thing since sliced bread. They never have any issues
    Luddite Curmudgeon #2

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gingerbeardman View Post
    That HiViz front is actually a pretty good sight! And a steal for the price. That plus a Warren tactical rear is my favorite setup for Glocks. The Warren front is ok for outside, but for a gun that will get shot indoors in winter, I find the HiViz to be more, well, visible.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast