• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BenWade

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2017
    Johnson County
    First post on INGO - Have been visiting the forum awhile and decided it was time to participate.

I'm looking to get involved in the CMP Games. I have an M1 Garand and I'm considering building either a Highpower or Modern Military Rifle - M16 or AR platform.

I'm trying to get an idea of where the competitions are to help me decide which rifle to build - HP or MM. I live on the south side of Indianapolis - It appears there are more Highpower Matches than Modern Military in central/southern Indiana. Does this seem like an accurate statement? I've only located one match for Modern Military. Any ideas on where I can go to find matches, or does anyone have suggestions? I appreciate the help.

BW

BenWade

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2017
    Johnson County
    Correct, I have checked the competition tracker, looking for both competitions and Clubs that hold matches. I've found two clubs from the search - Southern Indiana Rifle & Pistol Club in Borden and Deer Creek Conservation Club in Gas City - that from each of their websites - appear to hold matches for Vintage/Modern Military and/or CMP Highpower.

Matches on their individual websites weren't necessarily shown on the CMP Match Tracker though. Which leads me to believe that not all matches are being shown on the website. I thought I'd post on here to see if others are aware of CMP matches locally - that I'm not able to find online.

natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    Are you wanting to shoot fun/novelty matches, or compete in Service Rifle?

The answer to that will answer a lot of equipment and match location questions.

Indiana shooting at Atterbury does not have much reputation for gaming of any kind. That's not the same as saying it is no fun, it's just been a history of NMC/RMC matches and Legs.

BenWade

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2017
    Johnson County
    At this point, my interest is centered more around the Games - matches shot from 100 and 200 yds. Honestly, the venture is new to me. Ideally, I'd like to find a match or two and observe. I may be wrong here, but from the few I've spoken with my investment would be less to play in the games. I'm transferring from benchrest shooting - just looking for something different in hopes of finding something I enjoy. Both clubs I see that host the CMP Games are about a 1.5 hr drive from me. No big deal though, just looking to see if there are any maybe a little closer I could check out.

Thanks for the replies.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    If you have a 22LR you can try CMP Rimfire Sporter in Bedford. There should be a couple of matches this year. An INGO member, Rayne was looking to shoot Modern Military and she helps put on the Rimfire Sporter matches there. She might get them to put on MM as well.

7.5# max rifle weight
    3# minimum trigger weight
    No thumb hole stocks
    Scope must be able to zoom 6X or lower

They'll fit you into one of several classes based on other gun, sight & optic features.

BenWade

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2017
    Johnson County
    If you have a 22LR you can try CMP Rimfire Sporter in Bedford. There should be a couple of matches this year. An INGO member, Rayne was looking to shoot Modern Military and she helps put on the Rimfire Sporter matches there. She might get them to put on MM as well.

7.5# max rifle weight
    3# minimum trigger weight
    No thumb hole stocks
    Scope must be able to zoom 6X or lower

They'll fit you into one of several classes based on other gun, sight & optic features.

I'm glad you mentioned that, it sounds like alot of fun!

Top Bottom