• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    Pistol Caliber Carbine Match @ ACC Saturday Jan 26 - CANCELLED DUE TO WEATHER

All,

Due to expected cold weather and unsafe range conditions with ice everywhere we have elected to error on the side of caution and cancel the match.

Hopefully the weather will nicer next month and we can do the match then with the same format.

Thanks
    The Mike's

Attachments

• tactical-carbine-match-acc.doc
      42.5 KB · Views: 22
    Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    depending on turn out/flow we will try and run another in February too. Given scheduling conflicts it is actually easier to execute a winter match if the weather is agreeable.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    Just picked up a CZ Scorpion & it has folding brace..is this a gun I can use n PCC matches. I'm not sure of rules, but this sounds great.

Does it have a 16 barrel? If not it is probably a pistol and at this time we are not allowing them. It has more to do with the ATF ruling on such accessories and a strong desire to avoid putting a shooter on the line that could get them in trouble even remotely. At this time it is either A) Registered SBR's and other NFA items (I'm in this camp) B) legal barrel length of 16" since you will be shouldering it.

Hopefully this spring/summer we will run a center-fire rifle caliber match and that will be in the 95% .223 AR-15. Otherwise my offers stands: squad on one and you can shoot one of my guns with me as your RO.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    All - we finalized the round count for the match and it is 63 with maximum mag capacity allowed to speed the match up for this one. We do have one 31 round stage so hopefully you have something that holds 32 :)

however, the odds of having the match are not looking very good. Weather forecast is 16/23 on the temperature and that is not workable/safe. We are hoping the weather will change and we can get up into the mid 30's and that would make the match doable. Either way we will do a post here on Thursday night if the match is a go/no go.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    All,

Due to expected cold weather and unsafe range conditions with ice everywhere we have elected to error on the side of caution and cancel the match.

Hopefully the weather will nicer next month and we can do the match then with the same format.

Thanks
    The Mike's

Top Bottom