• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • crewchief888

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2016
    NWI
    maybe i'm the only one, but i'm making plans for match shooting season already, marking my calendar whois shooting what matches this year to optimize my trigger time.
    ive been visiting club websites, and checking facebook feeds. doesnt seem like anyone has made up their shooting schedules yet this year.
    seems like the clubs farther south already have things rolling, not much has been mentioned for us "northerners"

anyone else noticing this?

:cheers:

blkrifle

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    terre haute
    maybe i'm the only one, but i'm making plans for match shooting season already, marking my calendar whois shooting what matches this year to optimize my trigger time.
    ive been visiting club websites, and checking facebook feeds. doesnt seem like anyone has made up their shooting schedules yet this year.
    seems like the clubs farther south already have things rolling, not much has been mentioned for us "northerners"

anyone else noticing this?

USPSA.org

Steelchallenge.com

practiscore.com

Indiana clubs list their matches in this forum. the clubs shoot on the same weekend every month.

crewchief888

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2016
    NWI
    USPSA.org

Steelchallenge.com

practiscore.com

Indiana clubs list their matches in this forum. the clubs shoot on the same weekend every month.

yea, ive been checking around those sites as well.
    just seem the central and southern clubs do a little more "advertising" on INGO, and are more active on the forum.

i shot matches at several "northern" clubs last year, ive only found 1 that has their matches set for this year....

not working today, have to take the wife up to northwestern univ hospital for her outpatient surgery this afternoon

maybe i'm just crabby today...

MuncieFud

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2018
    Muncie
    As someone just getting into the sport I would have to agree with crewcheif888. I see matches referred to as monthly but when i go look at the website for that range I'm not seeing it. I'm hoping it'll get straightened out soon.

Beans&Bullets

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 18, 2010
    Terre Haute, IN
    My local Club, Riley Conservation Club (just about 5 miles from Terre Haute) has 5 or 6 different types of matches regularly each month during warm weather. From March thru Nov we have USPSA, Steel Challenge, .22 LR Long Range, Bowling Pin, Rimfire Madness (our very fun homegrown steel shoot just for .22 LR ) and IDPA. Most of these are regularly scheduled. First Sat of the month is Steel Challenge, 2nd Sat is Rimfire Madness, 3rd Sun is USPSA. There are some exceptions, but these are good basic days.

Our club also hosts a FANTASTIC Steel Challenge Match AREA 5. Last year it had over 300 guns participate, this year, we have set the dates and have scheduled entries for over 400 guns.

Last edited:

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Bend of the River in Niles, MI has a lot of shooting year around. I shot a USPSA match indoors there last Monday.
    They have scheduled IDPA matches on their schedule already.

https://www.borcc.org

Their FB page also lists most of everything happening. BORCC and BORCC USPSA both have lots of info.

Depending on where you're at in NWI, it's about an.hours drive, only 30 min from the IN/MI line on 94 to US 12.

crewchief888

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2016
    NWI
    As someone just getting into the sport I would have to agree with crewcheif888. I see matches referred to as monthly but when i go look at the website for that range I'm not seeing it. I'm hoping it'll get straightened out soon.

most of the club's website ive looked at, the 2019 calendar hasnt been posted. i see NPCCC has theirs up.

most of the clubs are pretty well set on their dates, and probably wont be changing from last year.

i did see BORCC's indoor matches dont shoot open division, so that leaves me out. :(

my "limit" for traveling is about 90 minutes one way. (my old ass gets tired of sitting in the truck :laugh6:) i did shoot a steel match in warsaw last year, if i remember it was almost 2 hours away.

Diesel24v

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 27, 2012
    Central
    Not sure of your location but we will be starting up at Wildcat Valley Rifle Pistol Club the first Saturday in March with USPSA! Weather permitting of course. Located near Brookston,Indiana. From there it will be the first Saturday of each month through November for USPSA!

crewchief888

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2016
    NWI
    Not sure of your location but we will be starting up at Wildcat Valley Rifle Pistol Club the first Saturday in March with USPSA! Weather permitting of course. Located near Brookston,Indiana. From there it will be the first Saturday of each month through November for USPSA!

i shot USPSA and steel with you guys a few times last year. always had a great time !

well worth the drive for me.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    USPSA.org

New website kinda blows...... based on this thread I went there to confirm our schedule information (should be correct, 3rd Sunday like it’s been for many years).... and the information doesn’t exist! NOW I understand the frustration.

i can find our club with address and contact info, but nowhere does the schedule information exist like it did on the old website.
    I also tried to update the club website link and my contact phone #, and the system won’t accept my updates.

:xmad:

-rvb

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Just FYI, Ft Wayne USPSA is 3rd Sunday, March to October.
    This year marks the first exception to that rule in many years..... No April match this year as it falls on Easter.

you're right, not much online activity lately..... but our next match isn’t for 2 months. Attendance tends to be low with several inches of snow on the ground and single digit temps..

-rvb

Top Bottom