• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sv40sw45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    South Indiana
    We may get this one in, looks like 54 and a 50% chance of rain Sunday. I hope the rain chances drop.
    If postponed I will post here. I AM NOW SEEING A HIGH OF 59 AND MOSTLY SUNNY. Max

Feb 3rd. USPSA at SCGC
    6 Stages 180 ish rds. Classifier 99-40
    Set up Saturday at 10am. Shoot for FREE if you help setup and get entered in drawing for some good prizes.
    Sunday set up at 8am. Sign in at 9am. Go Hot at 10am.
    Need RO's, shoot for $5. Max

Last edited:

justacog

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2018
    Brownstown
    Questions about the classifier CM 99-40:

1.) The classifier PDF doesn't specifically say Virginia count even though the description is one round per target. Is this something different than Virginia count requirement? Is the only difference that misses aren't scored in this case?

2.) On a shot timer with 4 sec end time beep, does it stop recording shots at 4 sec? If so, how does a human distinguish 0.3 sec when it comes to a whether a shot was late and the timer didn't record it?

3.) With a 4 sec end time beep, is it expected the shooter will cease fire at the beep, or fire the whole string and let the scorers sort it out? If cease fire at the end time beep, are any shot(s) after the beep a procedural fault?

4.) Are scores recorded/pasted after each string to eliminate which if any hits are late hit/miss versus in-time hit/miss across strings?

SEdington

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2018
    Seymour
    Questions about the classifier CM 99-40:

1.) The classifier PDF doesn't specifically say Virginia count even though the description is one round per target. Is this something different than Virginia count requirement? Is the only difference that misses aren't scored in this case?

2.) On a shot timer with 4 sec end time beep, does it stop recording shots at 4 sec? If so, how does a human distinguish 0.3 sec when it comes to a whether a shot was late and the timer didn't record it?

3.) With a 4 sec end time beep, is it expected the shooter will cease fire at the beep, or fire the whole string and let the scorers sort it out? If cease fire at the end time beep, are any shot(s) after the beep a procedural fault?

4.) Are scores recorded/pasted after each string to eliminate which if any hits are late hit/miss versus in-time hit/miss across strings?

This qualifier is a “fixed time” course of fire. I don’t remember shooting one of these at SC so I’m excited to see them throwing something new at us.

1. Your score is points only( no division of time to get hit factor)
    2. Like Virginia Count both 1 extra shots and 2 extra hits result in procedural penalty being assessed.
    3. Overtime shots are assessed once you exceed .30 seconds after the set time/buzzer. E.g. if set time is 4 seconds up to 4.30 is consider good while 4.31 and above is consider overtime and subject to appropriate procedural. You would look at last shot scored on timer to identify exact time.

More details available in rule book in the following rules: 9.2.4, 9.4.5, 9.4.6

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sv40sw45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    South Indiana
    This qualifier is a “fixed time” course of fire. I don’t remember shooting one of these at SC so I’m excited to see them throwing something new at us.

1. Your score is points only( no division of time to get hit factor)
    2. Like Virginia Count both 1 extra shots and 2 extra hits result in procedural penalty being assessed.
    3. Overtime shots are assessed once you exceed .30 seconds after the set time/buzzer. E.g. if set time is 4 seconds up to 4.30 is consider good while 4.31 and above is consider overtime and subject to appropriate procedural. You would look at last shot scored on timer to identify exact time.

More details available in rule book in the following rules: 9.2.4, 9.4.5, 9.4.6

Way to go Steve!!! One of our newest RO's.

SEdington

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2018
    Seymour
    Way to go Steve!!! One of our newest RO's.

Thanks Max. Thanks to you, Craig and Paul for all you’ve done to help out all the new shooters this year. Very much appreciate all of your dedication to growing the sport.

cakelly1962

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2010
    Columbus
    In a Fixed Time stage, you want accuracy over trying to get all you shots off in the time limit. It's better to have A zone hits then c or d or misses. Go for accuracy. Also look at the distances of the strings. 60 feet is a long way on the timer. At the 15 foot line you might be able to get all shots off and have hits, but you want A zone hits.

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    We don't see a lot of fixed time stages.
    To add to what others have said.

Misses do NOT count as penalties you just don't get any points. No -10 like usual.
    If you here the 4 second beep and try to squeeze off a shot you will have a overtime shot. You can not beat the buzzer. :D
    Overtime shots are a procedural BUT they are -5 not -10 as usual. Overtime penalties cannot exceed the point value available for that shot.

As Craig said the object of fixed time exercises is NOT trying to get off all your shots it is how many points can you score in the amount of time given.

SEdington

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2018
    Seymour

Misses do NOT count as penalties you just don't get any points. No -10 like usual.
    If you here the 4 second beep and try to squeeze off a shot you will have a overtime shot. You can not beat the buzzer. :D
    Overtime shots are a procedural BUT they are -5 not -10 as usual. Overtime penalties cannot exceed the point value available for that shot.

As Craig said the object of fixed time exercises is NOT trying to get off all your shots it is how many points can you score in the amount of time given.

Thanks Craig and Paul. Great info.

sv40sw45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    South Indiana

Go fast shoot all A's in 4 seconds.:rockwoot:

justacog

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2018
    Brownstown
    I think the part that is confusing to me is whether an overtime (not extra) shot incurs a procedural penalty of -10 in addition to the max pts -5. 9.4.6.2 seems to say only max pts -5. I can understand an extra (>6) shot being procedural -10 plus max pts -5. My reading of the overtime (not extra) shot -5 is just to negate the shot(s) past 4 sec and ding you for not hitting any A's with them. In which case, end time beep would not equate to procedural cease fire, and continued overtime (not extra shots) string engagement is left as an exercise for the shooter to recognize the points risk of any remaining string shots without A hits beyond the end time beep by electing finished before string completion instead. Yet because 9.4.6.1 defines overtime (not extra) shots as "after the signal to cease fire" that seems to allude to -10 procedural as well given the serious connotation.

Top Bottom