• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • blacknwhite

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 6, 2016
    southwest
    I looked on the website and it seems only a couple places in Indiana hold these events, possibly just a few times a year. Are there any clubs that hold these .22 events monthly? Is anyone else interested in this other than myself?
    It seems like a pretty simple format and the possibilities of going to national events and winning some cool prizes. I know long range rimfire is becoming more popular.

http://nrl22.org

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    everytime I think about entering one of the nlr22 events, I take my rifle to the range, fire a few rounds at about 80 yards, and think...na bruh...you aint got this!

I know they run nlr22 events at west side sportsmans club on the west side of Evansville, ive talked to a few guys who shoot it, and they say its pretty fun, but I just don't have the skills to do any good.

it looks like they only shoot them 6 months a year and I'm sure that's due to either the weather, or the fact that club members are pretty upset due to the fact that they close ranges 3 weekends a month to hold matches

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    it looks like they only shoot them 6 months a year and I'm sure that's due to either the weather, or the fact that club members are pretty upset due to the fact that they close ranges 3 weekends a month to hold matches

This is a common issue, attempting to serve the membership and the larger shooting community. It's a hard balancing act. It may be one of the reason why we don't see a lot of new events happening.

blacknwhite

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 6, 2016
    southwest
    I can see where that might be an issue. I'd like to shoot them for the 2019 season. I know that might be a challenge to find a place to shoot all or most of them.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I think there was an INGOer running his own NRL22 matches privately in the SE part of the state last year. Maybe he'll see this and post about whether he has plans to pursue it this year?

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    Mid June at our club ( antwerpconservationclub.com ) I am holding a rimfire PRS/sniper match 50 yards paper targets

Cold bore shot & bullseye target
    Speed drill 5 shots 60 sec
    Know your limits
    offhand bullseye target
    Sitting save the hostages
    Prone save the hostages
    Offhand/sitting/prone silhouette of person

I'm certine I forgot a stage or two

I can email you copies of the targets if you wanna practice

Aaron

Top Bottom