• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Xterminator

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 11, 2018
    Terre Haute
    What are the dates for the 1911 club?. I understand it's leather holster & mag holder...but I need to get scheduling...lol do we need cover garment.? My leather holster gas a snap that you have to undo in order to release gun. Is this not good for this division?

cavemike

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Here we go again for Season 7 of the 1911 45Club! 5 challenging stages to be held one stage at a time on the fourth Tuesday April thru August. This Tuesday Nite Combat continues to be high energy, low round count, no compromise impact, STREETWISE courses that test basic equipment and strong fundamentals. No course is over 14 rounds with many less than 7 and everything is PAR Time Pass or Fail.

4- 23

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    What are the dates for the 1911 club?. I understand it's leather holster & mag holder...but I need to get scheduling...lol do we need cover garment.? My leather holster gas a snap that you have to undo in order to release gun. Is this not good for this division?

snaps are allowed

4/23 5/28 6/25 7/23 8/27

Slots are limited so you must RSVP. I communicate by a email thread just for this match so If you want on the thread then please pm me with your name and email address. Announcements, weather, scores and such go out before each match. This match is geared for deep carry 1911's 45 and while all equipment must be concealable, we do not require a garment as we watch for safety closely. Garments are optional for experienced shooters.

View attachment 75129

DBrasco

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2019
    Queens
    Gonna give this a go! I’ll be coming from Indy so I’m a little concerned if it’s truly worth the 45 drive to shoot 7-14 rds. DURING RUSH HR TRAFFIC!!!!
    Can someone please be honest and tell me... is it worth the drive?
    either way I’m gonna try this, gives me a reason to buy a leather holster and mag carrier.

Last edited:

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Gonna I wanna give this a go! I’ll be coming from Indy so I’m a little concerned if it’s truly worth the 45 drive to shoot 7-14 rds. DURING RUSH HR TRAFFIC!!!!
    Can someone please be honest and tell me... is it worth the drive?
    either way I’m gonna try this, gives me a reason to buy a leather holster and mag carrier.

This year will be my first time so I don't know anything for sure. But as I read it 5 stages of 7-14 rounds in the evening.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    I guess im reading this differently. If I'm not mistaken I think its only one stage per evening.

We have shooters that drive from Indy Southside that keep coming back. You might want to know that after you run through the course then you can shoot it as many times as you want to see if you can beat your posted time. Most of us end up shooting about 60 to 80 rounds. Please understand to pass these stages you will need at least moderate skills with deep cover 1911 45's

DBrasco

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2019
    Queens
    Ok now we’re getting somewhere!!
    sounds like fun.
    Could u please explain ur last comment? I know what deep cover and 1911 skills means however if u don’t need a cover garment how does deep cover come into play?
    im going to give this a go either way, just trying to get a feel for this.

IM RSVPing my spot if that’s ok?

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Ok now we’re getting somewhere!!
    sounds like fun.
    Could u please explain ur last comment? I know what deep cover and 1911 skills means however if u don’t need a cover garment how does deep cover come into play?
    im going to give this a go either way, just trying to get a feel for this.

IM RSVPing my spot if that’s ok?

You must PM me your email for RSVP.

Now in our 7[SUP]th[/SUP] Season the 1911 45 Club was started to get back to the roots of Combat Pistol Craft that we did long before USPSA. Since I have many stages that are more in tune with what one might seem Practical on the street (If you need more than 5 or six, you have already lost the fight) attitude, they are challenging. Street Carry equipment today takes on a variety of choices that may or may not be better than the conventional Leather we use to Securely retain our equipment so that it is there when you need it. Deep Cover takes into consideration any outdoor activities or one might engage in,(think Motorcycle, horseback, getting in andout of cars, hiking, etc.) or if one does not want his gun to be snatched by an unwanted person.

The reason is twofold that we do not require garments. One, as Range Officers, we want to make sure that the shooter is applying his safety before holstering and also we watch his presentation very carefully. Can’t do that with garments.Second, it is usually hot during the summer and we can tell if your equipmentis concealable or not.

Intoday’s 1911 we see grip safeties disabled, unsafe trigger pulls, and homemade action jobs by You Tube Graduates, and terminator holsters that have no place in this particular Match. One of the reasons we do not allow light rails and such is that this is not an equipment race and we try to keep everything on aneven keel as what is best for 1911 street carry in our opinion. USPSA SingleStack Division is a perfect example on what NOT to wear on the street.

So, we operate a cold bay, bring you to the line, set a par time, you go thru the stage and you pass or fail. Your score is time and the fastest wins. We only score AZone hits. Everything else is a miss. When we use falling steel, it is set heavy and needs to fall to score.

Finally,this game is not for everybody. We are not trying to build numbers here for a mission count revenue. We are playing games with the old 45 and the scores end up representing talent rather than equipment.

Shooters must RSVP to get a slot and the entry is $10.00. I hope this cover both my intent and any questions that one may have. Please feel free to PM me to get onmy thread for 1911 45 Club announcements.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom