Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

User Info Menu

Classifier CM18-07

Any advice on the best method of shooting this classifier? Paper first then steel? Draw to the closest paper or steel first? Any help will be great, thanks

https://uspsa.org/viewer//18-07.pdf
    LIBERALISM IS A MENTAL ILLNESS

User Info Menu

Paper first, draw to the closest wide open target. Finish on the steel after reload.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JCSR View Post
    Any advice on the best method of shooting this classifier? Paper first then steel? Draw to the closest paper or steel first? Any help will be great, thanks

https://uspsa.org/viewer//18-07.pdf
    There's no best way. Any way has pros and cons. The draw and the shot after the reload are the most technical shots due to acquiring a grip. Outside of that you have 4 good sight picture shots and 4 adequate sight picture shots.

Steel you have little options. You have to shoot that array from a draw or reload.

Paper you have an option of a close, open target to acquire grip against if you wish.

If acquiring grip is not a challenge for you, you can take the slow no shoot first and gain speed on the open targets.

Personally I'd draw to steel. Then do paper right to left. YMMV

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bosshoss View Post
    Paper first, draw to the closest wide open target. Finish on the steel after reload.
    I agree with this method. If you shoot steel first you have to make sure and have it down before the reload. You don't want that pause.
    No one is stronger or more dangerous than the man who can harness his emotions.

www.BrightFirearmsTraining.com

abright@ccrtc.com

User Info Menu

It shouldnít matter if you draw on T1 or T3, in theory the draw time is the same as is the time to get an acceptable sight picture regardless of the difficulty, itís just in a different order. That being said Iíd do T3, 2 and then 1 and then reload and hit the mini poppers.

I have a pretty good index but it just makes sense to me to draw on the largest, closest target and have the confidence to drop the steel quickly after the reload.
    Maybe thatís why Iím a B class shooter
    TY104591

User Info Menu

FAST !!!!!! and don't miss the steel.
    MOLAN LABE

User Info Menu

Best advice I can give you is shoot it like any other stage. Typically we trash classifiers trying to go for broke on them.

I haven't shot this but it looks like a modest hit factor. My approach would be get all the points or very close C's. The paper targets are set up so you have to throttle your speed. Most people are going to start on the closest paper. You can be aggressive on the first target or two but definitely have to place your shots on the partial. It's basically a speed trap. Penalties are unacceptable. If minor, I'm still aiming for As. If major, aim at the middle of the C. Quick reload and then focus on going one for one on steel. Short stage time so makeups on steel will add up quick.

-Tim

User Info Menu

Draw. Throw two shots as fast as you can pull the trigger and in the general direction of the steel. Reload and shoot the paper with aimed shots and then reengage the steel if needed.

In general I think I is a bad idea to try and do better on classifiers than your field course skill would allow you to shoot the same target arrays on a regular stage. It is better to be a class X shooter with X + 1 field course skills than the other way around.
    In a perfect world liberals would taste good and be easy to field dress.

User Info Menu

For a newbie in the bunch, when it says engage T1-T3 on a classifier can the shooter shoot them in any order or do you have to shoot T1 then T2, etc?
    USMC Veteran / Lifetime LTCH / Lifetime NRA / Amateur Radio Operator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by harleymac1 View Post
    For a newbie in the bunch, when it says engage T1-T3 on a classifier can the shooter shoot them in any order or do you have to shoot T1 then T2, etc?
    Unless otherwise stated, You may engage in any order.
    MOLAN LABE

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast