• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Texas Star comes to MCFG 3rd Thursday of each month starting April 18 at 5pm REQUIRED SAFETY MEETING

OPTICS WELCOME!!

NO CARBINES at this time. If enough interest is shown for a carbine only shoot we'll schedule that for a future event.
    Handguns in 9,40,45 are best for this shoot.

NO .22 firearms (they will not knock the plates off)

BRING GLOVES!! everyone is expected to reset plates NO EXCEPTIONS!!

There will be trap shooting on the main range and Star in the bays!!
    Come out and have some fun.

Safety glasses, ear protection, approx. 100-150 rds $3 mcfg members $5 non members

Last edited:

JJM7288

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 4, 2015
    Zionsville
    I'm looking forward to it! Thanks for working to organize another opportunity to shoot at the best club around.

Last edited:

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    It has been brought to my attention that the 5 pm start is a tad early. This is a new monthly match and I understand that THIS schedule won't fit everyones needs. I will have this ironed out and If need be I will offer the required safety meeting as needed for those that are running late. Just come on out and have some fun!!

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    It has been brought to my attention that the 5 pm start is a tad early. This is a new monthly match and I understand that THIS schedule won't fit everyones needs. I will have this ironed out and If need be I will offer the required safety meeting as needed for those that are running late. Just come on out and have some fun!!
    Will this event be scored? How many runs etc?

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    You will go "head to head" against another competitor ,winner goes into winners BRACKET loser into 2nd chance bracket. Will will shoot at least 2 times per BRACKET.

READY ON THE RIGHT? READY ON THE LEFT? STAND BY!!! "WHISTLE"

Last edited:

Sterndern11

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2018
    Zionsville
    I will be there, but likely part of the "5pm is a bit early" crew. Half hour drive from a job that ends at 5 puts me there at 5:30 most days.

Also I would be one interested in a PCC day! Or run it like the last "bowling pin (texas star)" tournament where PCC just has to shoot an extra steel before the popper, that had me a 1/4 second behind David who was scorching fast with the pistol.

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    I wasn’t aware that pcc were allowed at the last Bowling pin Star match! I know several guys with optics attended! Let’s get this off the ground and we’ll see how it goes.

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    What if it rains or snows? Or is really, really cold?
    Last I checked "I" am a man! Those that wish to opt out for THESE reasons*** well I guess that would speak volumes. Serious question,, rain and snow is a concern as the targets need reset and the roads can get icy and snow covered. WE SHOOT IN THE COLD!!:rockwoot:

FreeLand

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Sep 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I wasn’t aware that pcc were allowed at the last Bowling pin Star match! I know several guys with optics attended! Let’s get this off the ground and we’ll see how it goes.

The Bowling Pin people bought 2 hex knock-off steel targets with stands to serve as handicap targets for optics and carbines. The idea being that if one competitor has a handgun with an optic or a carbine with iron sights, that person must also shoot the knock-off target as their handicap. If one person has a carbine with an optic and the the other is shooting a handgun with irons, then the carbine shooter would have to clear both knock-off targets.

We might consider letting Thursday night borrow them. Maybe.

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    A week from today!! Come out and breathe some fresh air and gun powder, shoot some star and have fun!!

chenowethpm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 12, 2019
    Indianapolis
    This sounds like a blast. I’ve never done anything like this and I can’t make it to the Friday night steel event so I’m going to try this out, anything I need to know before showing up?

Top Bottom