• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    Format will be "20 Straight". Friday evening 5pm setup and practice to immediately follow. Lewis style payback, recap meeting and awards follows target put away. This will be a fast match, and hopefully well attended. Please let me know (post here, PM me, or email) if you plan to attend.

Registration until 10am
    10:15 shooters meeting
    10:30 Shoot for score

Adults $15
    Stand alone juniors $10
    Juniors with paid adult Free

See you Saturday!!!

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    For those of us that know nothing of this kind of thing. Can you translate your post to English ?

Some of us plebs need a glossary or something.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    In

20 straight is where you shoot 5 times at 4 targets in each distance immediately following the 2 minutes sight in time.
    3 relays for the total of 60 rounds fired for score. Each shooter will shoot 3 times in order to shoot for score at each distance (75, 110 and 165 yards for regular and 110, 165 and 200 for master class).

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    Thank you much. What is Lewis battle payback?

Lewis style payback is a $$ award system based on attendance and serves as substitute for skill classes when there are an unknown number of entries of varying skill levels. Instead of awarding winners in A, B, C, D skill levels, You pay back place winners based on attendance. Last week we had 9 entries in Standard class and we awarded 1st, 4th, & 7th. It would seem silly to have 6 people in A class and only one winner, or only 1 person in D class and awarding him a "winner" for coming in last. We award a small cash payback instead of ribbons or other material awards. Much easier that way. Pretty much every entrant we ever had is a fan of this award system.

You coming?

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    There's a possibility of joining.

My nephew has been wanting to compete a bit, so he and I might make the trip.

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    As of writing, match is still scheduled as the rain forecast predicts it will pass early Sat morning.

Reminder: 10:30 start time, registration ends at 10 AM.

Please note, there is a pistol match scheduled at the same time. For rifle shooters, please park behind the rifle line and leave the west side of the parking area for the pistol shooters. Thanks!!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Great match, wind sucked, kudos to Hawkeye since he was running the match and didn't get a chance to shoot. I think he was just afraid of the wind.... ;)

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    Is there going to be a match Wednesday?

Weather forecast is sketchy, but I would like to see this take place.
    I will be on travel and others will be running this match. I plan to have this ready to run with minimal setup but will leave it up to them to cancel via this website if that's the way it shakes out. Best advice is to not travel so far as to be pissed off if it gets rained out at the last minute. Format will be "Half & Half", meaning changing distance every 5 shots during your 20 shot string. Stay tuned for add'l info....

Top Bottom